Microcomputer Accounting, Accounting 116, Take Home Test Two
Electronic Spreadsheet Applications
Using Lotus 1-2-3 for Windows
1. The column-width can be modified to accept __________ characters.
2. What is the minimum column width required to display the following phrase:
3. You have determined that your spreadsheet columns should contain the following column
When creating this spreadsheet, you would adjust the global column width to:
4. The function @SUM(A12..A18) computes the sum of the values displayed in cells:
A. A12 and A18
B. A12 through A18
C. A13 through A17
D. None of the above
5. A function consists of a:
A. function name and a value.
B. function name and a cell.
C. function code and a value.
D. function code and a cell range.
6. Which one of the following functions would result in the same value as the formula
7. A spreadsheet application may contain _______________ functions.
D. and unlimited number of
8. Which of the following functions is present in a incorrect format?
9. The upper left corner of the portion of the spreadsheet to be printed is:
A. cell A1.
B. cell B4.
C. any cell specified by the user.
D. none of the above.
10. After the range of cells to be printed is identified, and the alignment function is fulfilled, the
command to begin printing the spreadsheet is:
11. If a number is too large to be displayed in a cell, the spreadsheet will display ____________ in
C. an error message
D. a row of periods
12. What is the minimum column width required to display the number 34.2%?
13. To what width should a column be set to print the following phrase:
Accumulated Depreciation, Net
14. What is the minimum column width required to print the number $25,324.79?
15. Using the 1-2-3 Classic menu, the commands to save a spreadsheet for the first time using the
file name FIRST are:
A. / (F)ILE (S)AVE FIRST (R)EPLACE
B. / (F)ILE (S)AVE FIRST
C. / (S)AVE (F)ILE FIRST (R)EPLACE
D. / (F)ILE (S)AVE FIRST (H)OLD-ON-NOW(W)HOA(P)ERSON
16. Using the 1-2-3 Classic menu, the commands to save a revised version of a spreadsheet file
named ASSET are:
A. / (F)ILE (S)AVE ASSET (R)EPLACE
B. / (F)ILE (S)AVE ASSET
C. / (S)AVE (F)ILE ASSET (R)EPLACE
D./ (S)AVE (F)ILE ASSET
17. Which one of the following formats was used to display the number $145,298.00?
C. US Dollar 0
D. US Dollar 2
18. Which of the following commands will display each amount on the spreadsheet in percentage
form with 3 decimal place accuracy (using the 1-2-3 Classic menu)?
A. / (G)LOBAL (F)ORMAT (P)ERCENT 3
B. / (W)ORKSHEET (G)LOBAL (F)ORMAT(P)ERCENT 3
C. / (F)ORMAT (G)LOBAL (P)ERCENTAGE 3
D. / (W)ORKSHEET (F)ORMAT (G)LOBAL (P)ERCENT 3
19. With the cell pointer positioned at cell D3, the status line at the bottom of the spreadsheet
displays ,Comma, 0. If the cell contains the number 2593.75, how will that number be displayed
in cell D3?
20. A spreadsheet can be printed _____________________.
A. only once.
B. ten times.
C. any number of times.
D. none of the above.
21. Which of the following print ranges would be incorrect?
22. With the cell pointer located at cell A10, the address line indicates that the contents of cell
A10 are +A6-A7/2. After t6his cell is copied to cell C10, the address line will display:
C. C10 +C6-C7/2
D. C10 +A6-A7/2
23. Using the 1-2-3 Classic menu, the command to delete a row is:
A. / (W)ORKSHEET (D)ELETE (R)OW
B. / (D)ELETE (R)OW
C. / (D)ELETE (R)OW (W)ORKSHEET
D. / (W)ORKSHEET (R)OW (D)ELETE
24. Using the 1-2-3 Classic menu, the command to insert a column is:
A. / (W)ORKSHEET (C)OLUMN (I)NSERT
B. / (C)OLUMN (I)NSERT
C. / (I)NSERT (C)OLUMN (W)ORKSHEET
D. / (W)ORKSHEET (I)NSERT (C)OLUMN
25. Which of the following statements is false?
A. Copying formulas enables the user to recreate formulas quickly and accurately.
B. The cell format of the cell is copied with the formula.
C. Each formula may be copied only once on a spreadsheet.
D. Copying a cell changes any cell variables contained in a formula.
26. The function @SUM(B10..B15) is located in cell B17. If cell B17 is copied to cell B20, the
function stored in cell B20 will be:
27. In order for you to use a spreadsheet named TRUCK stored on a disk, which of the following
commands (using the 1-2-3 Classic menu) is used?
A. / (F)ILE (R)ETRIEVE TRUCK
B. / (L)OAD (F)ILE TRUCK
C. / (F)ILE (L)OAD TRUCK
D. / (L)OAD (F)ILE TRUCK (R)EPLACE
28. When using Lotus 1-2-3 on a computer with two floppy disk drives, the data (save) disk is
inserted into which drive?
C. Either A: or B:
29. A series of commands that automatically performs spreadsheet operations is termed a:
B. command string.
30. Which of the following statements is false?
A. Lotus 1-2-3 provides 24 cell format styles.
B. Once a global cell format command is entered, individual cell formats cannot be
C. The format of a cell can be changed any number of times.
D. Values can be displayed with 0-15 decimal place accuracy.
31. The command to display every value on a spreadsheet with dollar signs and no decimal places
is (1-2-3 Classic menu):
A. / (W)ORKSHEET (F)ORMAT (C)URRENCY 0
B. / (F)ORMAT (C)URRENCY 0
C. / (W)ORKSHEET (G)LOBAL (F)ORMAT (C)URRENCY 0
D. / (G)LOBAL (F)ORMAT (C)URRENCY 0
32. Which of the following statements is false?
A. A spreadsheet is limited to three cell formats.
B. After a global format command is executed, the cell formats of individual cells may be
C. Cell formatting increases the effectiveness of a printed spreadsheet.
D. The decimal place accuracy may be set at fifteen digits.
33. The number .297639 has been entered into a cell containing a percent, 3-decimal-place
format. The cell will display:
34. The address and status lines display:
A. the location of the cell pointer.
B. the cell format of the cell.
C. the contents of the cell.
D. all of the above.
35. The cell protection feature of Lotus 1-2-3 prevents the user from:
A. viewing the contents of the protected cell.
B. accidentally writing (inputting) over the contents of the protected cell.
C. positioning the cell pointer on the protected cell.
D. viewing the formula contained in the protected cell.
All contents of The Computer Show are Copyright © 1998 Joppa Computers