WALKTROUGH KYRAINDIA 3 MALCOLM'S REVENGE
Walking around the Isle of Cats jungle is confusing and dangerous.
Following these guidelines may help:
- Avoid walking through the jungle when possible. Hitch a ride on the
sesame cart, to go between the three main Isle of Cats screens, when
the cart is available.
- Follow the directions in the walkthru to get from place to place.
- You can try following the Isle of Cats map. I found the route between
- Isle of Cat locations defy mapping at times! So Carsten kindly created
a map for me. . . and you!
- Do not enter the jungle without the machete.
- Cut away as much vegetation with the machete as will expose the
direction you wish to walk in.
- Note that all vegetation re-grows as soon as you leave the scene
(except over the Hole).
- The bottom of the screen is usually the direction you have come
from. This is not true if you have just entered the jungle from a non-
jungle screen. Establish which direction returns to the non-jungle
screen you have just left. This could prove useful (see (8)).
- Pick up all bones that are exposed. You may need to collect 16 in
total! Although some are recyclable.
- Bones will appear under vegetation where previously there were
none. So it worth re-entering the same screen repeatedly to find
- If you expose one of the snake-like blue and pink kissing plants,
swipe it with the machete so it doesn't kiss Malcolm to death.
- After some time in the jungle, Malcolm will start itching and
scratching. This is caused by fleas. Remove the fleas one at a time
until you find no more. Or have Malcolm bath in a jungle mud pool when
you come across one. If you do not do this, Malcolm will eventually
die, poisoned by the fleas.
- Keep one of the fleas, but only if you have room in your inventory
- There are no short cuts! Sorry, but I'm afraid the game has been
designed such that some interim objectives require extreme patience
and steadfast repetitious actions. Believe it or not getting lost in
the Isle of Cats jungle isn't the most monotonous part of the game!
- You may be confused by the Kyrandian royal family connections, even, or perhaps especially, after completing the game. Included in the file MALCMP.ZIP is a GIF format family tree of the Royal Kyrandian Family.
- Malcolm crawls out from under the Castle Dump. The first thing to do is find out what else is in the dump. Rummage around at leisure. Find at least two nails, either bent or straight, a flask and a broken flask. Brandon's old leather boot may also come in handy. Leave
anything else you dig up here to pick up later if you need it. Note the killer squirrel but heed Gunther's warning if you try to touch it!
Throw a nail at it instead!
- Head left to the Castle gate then down to the Bluff. Go left at the Bluff. Use the broken flask to pick a flower in the Cross Roads. Go up
at the Crossroads to arrive in the Graveyard.
- Click on the graves to identify Queen Katherine's grave. Set the mood meter to "Nice". Use the broken flask to pick another flower here,
then put the two flowers on the Katherine's grave and talk with the Queen's ghost.
- Now Malcolm wants to leave Kyrandia, so let's take a look at some of the options.
- Return to the Cross Roads and go down to the Dock. Here Malcolm sees the Circus boat. This is clearly one method of leaving Kyrandia.
- Return to the Cross Roads and head left to the Pegasus Landing. Set Malcolm's mood to nice. Walk toward the landing pad. So, Zanthia wants you to leave Kyrandia too! Perhaps you can use the same method as Zanthia and become Pegasus and fly away!
- Return to the Cross Roads, head right to the Bluff. Get in the transporter and you will arrive in the Town Square. Open the lock on
the Toy Factory door on the right with a nail. (Note: Try to make sure you have at least one bent nail with you for now. Every time you open
a lock with a straight nail it will bend. Every time you open a lock with a bent nail it will straighten.).
- Go through to the door at the back of the Toy Factory to Malcolm's Apartment. Search the drawers on the left. In the third drawer you
should find the nut on the string. Attach a bent nail to the nut on the string. Now search under the bed and you will find Malcolm's Jester Staff. Put the Jester Staff away in the special receptacle in your inventory. If you want, take a look at Malcolm's family album.
- Return to the Toy Factory and go down the hole on the left of the machine to the Cellar. Leave the Cellar by the door at the top of the
stairs. You enter the Town Hall. Here is the Voice of Reason. Later on, when you have a spare fish cream sandwich, give it to him and he
will talk to you. Now leave on the right to the Town Square.
- You haven't yet explored the whole of Kyrandia, but to do so could trigger events you would rather not have happen. There are actually, six different methods of leaving, some simple, some more interesting. I have documented each of them. The choice is yours. I suggest you save at this point so that you can replay all the different methods cleanly. This way you will explore Kyrandia thoroughly and, hopefully, get more enjoyment out of the game.
VIA A PORTAL POTION
- This is probably the simplest method of leaving Kyrandia. First from the Town Square, go down to the City Limits and up into
the unlikely looking Dairy. Scoop a handful of sesame seeds from the tub on the right.
- Now, go to the Cellar. Did you notice that curious brickwork patch of the wall? Malcolm needs to break through the wall at this point. Use
the nail on a string to fish in the pool and you will catch an eel.
- Fertilize the sesame seeds with the eel. Now fill the flask with water from the pool. Place the fertilized seeds on the brickwork patch. Pour the water over the seeds. Keep the flask. The sesame plant will grow through the cracks in the mortar and destroy the brickwork. (For
future reference, you can also catch eels and get water at the small spit of land near the Dock. It is sometimes easier to reach and you
can catch up to five eels each time you visit the Dock area)
- Go through the hole into the Catacombs. There is only one thing of note here and it is very obvious. Take the stopper out of the fancy
flask and fill the empty flask with the Portal Potion.
- Now Malcolm must find the right place to port from! Remember the layout of the Pegasus Landing pad? Go to the Town Arena. If the
strange frog is blocking your way, click on him and he will jump aside. (The frog's mouth is full of water so you can fill a flask with
water here.) Stand on the round portal pad and drink the Portal Potion.
- You will arrive in the Cat Ruins on the Isle of Cats Notice how dark it is then leave to the left. You will be in the Dog Fort.
AS A CIRCUS PERFORMER - JUGGLER
- Malcolm needs to convince the Circus boat dog to hire him. Leave the Town Square, heading down to the City Limits. Continue down
to the Town Arena. Then head left to the Outskirts of Town. Ignore the mime artist for now.
- Set Malcolm to lying mode. Use the nail on the string in the Bath Building payment slot. Chat with the bath attendant then change the
cold/hot water dial by clicking on it until the pointer is at about 5 o'clock...very hot! When the confusion settles, grab the leather tunic
in the Bath Building window.
- Now leave, go either to the Bluff screen or Town Arena screen, then return to the Bath Building. Enter as before and perform the same
actions as before.
- Perform the same sequence a third time if you do not have a leather boot in your inventory. You will need to have at least four items of
- Return to the Toy Factory. Activate the Blue Print Book on the left. A blue-print of a ball should float across the room. If not, pull the
left lever down on the toy machine and click on the blue-print book. You should see the ball blue-print.
- Toss a leather item into the Toy Machine's hopper. Press the green button on the right. Voila! A leather ball. Repeat this with the other
two leather items so that you have three leather balls.
- For reference here, and later on, the following table will help you operate the toy machine.
Left Right Raw Material Resulting Toy
Down Down Leather Boot/Jerkin Leather Ball
Down Up Leather Boot/Jerkin Leather Ball
Up Down Wooden Log Wooden Horse
Up Up Wooden Log Wooden Soldier
- The dog will also want a fish cream sandwich before making sail. Fetch two logs of wood from the City Limits screen. Now go to the Toy
Factory and operate the toy machine and make one of each type of toy; a leather ball, a toy horse and a toy soldier. The instructions on how to do this are above.
- By now you will have noticed, outside of town, a boy holding a sandwich who talks very strangely when you try talking to him. There
is a one to one correspondence between the letters in his words and English, as follows:
"Dtlcpy?" means "Hungry?"
"Sdfr ralowfid sarsur jmtry!" means "This sandwich is lousy!"
"Om ymt datu aly smyr?" means "Do you have any toys?"
For instance: D maps to H, S maps to T, A maps to A, and Y maps to Y.
- Find the boy and offer him each of the three toys until he accepts one and hands over his fish cream sandwich. You may only see the boy one more time after this. So you can trade this way for one more sandwich. After that you will have to make the sandwich yourself!
- Return to the Dock and click one of the leather balls on Malcolm.
- Give the sandwich to the dog. Return to the Dock. Malcolm will be hired on as a juggler and arrive at the Altar of Cats on the Isle of Cats
AS A CIRCUS PERFORMER - MIME ARTIST
- Return to the Cellar and use the nail and string in the pool to catch an eel.
- Set Malcolm to lying mode.
- Go to the Outskirts of Town and watch the Mime Artist. When he turns his back on you, put the eel in his hood. You may have to leave the scene and re-enter it before the Mime Artist will turn his back.
- Anxious to rid himself of the stink, the Mime Artist heads for the Bath Building.
- Use the same method as in the above Juggler section and retrieve the Mime Artist costume from the window of the Bath Building. Wear the new outfit and return to the Dock and chat with the dog at the Circus Boat. You will land at the Altar of Cats on the Isle of Cats.
- Who do you know who travels as Pegasus? Zanthia! Before you seek her out you must disguise Malcolm or she will just turn you into the authorities for not having left Kyrandia. There are two different disguises available. Get the Mine Artist's outfit as described in the Mime Artist section and wear the Mime outfit.
- To get the alternative disguise: Get a portion of sesame seeds from the Dairy. Now, go the Castle Dump and drop the seeds near the squirrel. Hypnotize the squirrel by using the nut on a string on it. Take the squirrel. Click the squirrel on Malcolm and he will have a furry hat!
Now fetch a leather jerkin (see Juggler section) and wear it. Your disguise is complete.
- Pegasus Potion, eh? Well there are probably some key ingredients to such a potion. Where have you seen a horse? Pick up a log of wood from the City Limits area. While here enter the Dairy and grab some sesame seeds. Go to the Toy Factory and make a Toy Horse as described in the Juggler section. Drop into the Cellar and use the nail and string in the pool to catch an eel. Fertilize the sesame seeds with the eel.
- Fill the flask with water from the pool.
- So where will Zanthia be? Go to the Town Square and visit the Magician's Lodge. Have a chat with her. If you are wearing the
squirrel/jerkin outfit Zanthia will want twelve large sesame sprouts. Forget it! Switch disguises outside and use the Mime Artist outfit to
visit Zanthia. Guess what? She needs some essence of horse! Offer her the Toy Horse. She won't accept it but don't give up. You want to put the Toy Horse in the cauldron anyway but you must distract Zanthia.
- Drop the fertilized seeds under her cabinet and water them. While Zanthia is distracted, drop the Toy Horse in the cauldron. Fill the
empty flask with the Pegasus Potion from the cauldron.
- Where to use the Pegasus Potion? Well, the Pegasus Landing, of course! Leave and go to the Pegasus landing. Change into Malcolm's normal outfit by clicking the hanger on Malcolm. Swallow the Pegasus Potion. Enjoy the flight! You will land on the Pegasus landing pad at the Pirate Beach on the Isle of Cats.
BY CLICKING TWO 'EELS TOGETHER?
- No, we are not in Kansas . . . and I didn't say Heels! Right, Eels! But don't try doing this now. You have to be told how to do this for
this to work. This is probably the most complicated way of getting off Kyrandia!
- First, go the City Limits and visit the Dairy. Grab two handfuls of sesame seeds. Also, fetch two logs of wood from the City Limits screen
Now, go the Castle Dump and drop the seeds near the squirrel.
- Hypnotize the squirrel by using the nut on a string on it. Take the squirrel. Get a second squirrel by the same method. A second squirrel
will appear you leave and re-enter the Castle Dump scene. If you don't have a leather item in your inventory, get a leather jerkin using the method described in the Juggler section.
- Now go to the Toy Factory and operate the toy machine and make one of each type of toy; a leather ball, a toy horse and a toy soldier. The instructions on how to do this are in the Juggler section.
- Collect the Mime Artist's outfit and wear it. See the Mime Artist section for instructions.
- Obtain a fish sandwich by the method described in the Juggler section or . . . if you like, you can learn how to _make_ a fish cream
sandwich and obtain the objectionable edible this way:
- Take three portions of seeds from the Dairy. Make sure you have an empty flask and a straight nail from the Castle Dump. Go the Cellar. Use the nail on a string in the pool and catch two eels. Go to the
- Dock area and catch a third eel. Return to the Cellar and fertilize two of the portions of seeds with two of the eels. Fill the flask with
water from the pool and water each of the fertilized seeds. Go to the Dairy. Put both the sesame plants in the hopper on the left. Use the
nail to make a hole in the cream container and fill the flask with cream.
- Go to the Town Square and enter the Fish Cream Parlor. Drop one of the squirrels and use the nut on a string to bring it out of its trance. Now you can get some service! Put the eel, sesame seeds and cream into the machine's hopper. Hit the red button on the counter,
if you need to, and take the Fish Cream Sandwich.
- Now go to the Cellar and catch two eels using the nail and string in the pool. Finally you are prepared. Look at the rug and click on the green apple. Then stand on the rug and click the red apple. You will end up in Darm & Brandywine's house. Chat with Darm. Amazing! He wants a sandwich and you just happen to have one! Offer Darm the sandwich then tickle him with the Jester Staff until he leaves. Then talk to Brandywine. When she starts to repeat herself, offer her the squirrel.
- She will then tell you how to leave Kyrandia.
- Click the two eels together and you will arrive at the Dog Fort on the Isle of Cats.
AS AN ESCAPED PRISONER
- This method of leaving Kyrandia is probably the longest but I found
it the most entertaining. You will see parts of Kyrandia that you will
not visit at all unless you allow Malcolm to be captured and taken to
prison. There are four different prison sequences. In each prison
sequence you may elect to fulfill the sentence but Malcolm should
escape each time he is captured so he will progress to the next
sequence on being recaptured. You will lose your inventory each time
but you will either find it outside the Castle Gate or at the Castle
Dump later on.
- At first Malcolm can evade capture. Make sure you have a log of
wood, a broken glass flask or a toy soldier, and a nail in your
inventory. Place the log of wood on the path from the castle at the
- Now trigger an attempted capture by visiting either Zanthia at the
Magician's Lodge, or Darm 'Eels Section without a disguise or talk
to the attendant at the Bath Building in nice or normal mode (See Jugglers section
Return to the Bluff. Herman tries to capture you but trips over the
log and Malcolm escapes. Select the broken flask or toy soldier so
that Malcolm is holding it. Return to the Bluff. Herman tries to
capture you but his net is torn to shreds and Malcolm escapes.
- Return to the Bluff. Herman will capture you this time. Make sure you
are holding a nail in your hand when Herman tells you to put your
things in the basket.
- Follow Rowena's instructions and make a doily. When she leaves,
unlock the machine with the nail. Poke the poor guy inside the machine
with the scissors. He will make a rope instead of a doily. Use the
rope to climb out the window.
- Now collect some sesame seeds from the Dairy and fish up an eel in
the Cellar and fertilize the seeds. Trigger another capture by
visiting Zanthia, Darm or the bath attendant and return to the Bluff.
- Make sure you are holding the fertilized seeds in your hand when
Herman tells you to put your things in the basket.
- Haul a load of rocks. Had enough? Place the fertilized seeds on the
rocks. Click on Malcolm so his sweat drips on the seeds. You're out o' here!
You don't need anything for your next sentence in prison. Trigger
another capture by visiting Zanthia, Darm or the bath attendant and
return to the Bluff.
- Here's Rowena again. Help her escape by using the cutters on the
chain next to her. Rowena high tails it down the road followed by the
guard. Malcolm makes his escape.
- Make sure you have a nail with you. Trigger another capture by
visiting Zanthia, Darm or the bath attendant and return to the Bluff.
- Herman will capture you this time. Make sure you are holding a nail in
your hand when Herman tells you to put your things in the basket.
- Together again with Rowena! Don't panic if you forgot the nail. . .
you won't really have to stroke 1000 times! Use the nail to pick the
lock on the chain. Malcolm escapes and finds himself at the Altar of
Cats on the Isle of Cats.
ISLE OF CATS
- However you left Kyrandia you will have arrived somewhere on the Isle
of Cats. If you came via the Portal Potion or Eels method you will be
at the Dog Fort. If you came as Pegasus you will be on the Pirate
Beach. If you chose the Juggling, Mime Artist or Slave Galley method
you will be at the Altar of Cats.
- If you are not at the Dog Fort, set Malcolm to nice mode and hitch
rides on the sesame cart until you arrive at the Dog Fort.
CASTING SOME LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT
- If you haven't done so yet visit the underground Cat Ruins and notice
how dark it is. Return to the surface and pick up the machete.
- Go right into the jungle. Clear all the vegetation you can with the machete.
- You should have uncovered a hole in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Return right to the Dog Fort. If you return to the Cat Ruins now you
will be able to walk further inside but there is nothing else to do here, yet.
- Talk to the dog, Duke, who is standing by the entrance to the Cat
Ruins. Then chat with the cat who pulls the sesame cart. Fluffy is in
the jungle. Where? The jungle is a very confusing place. You can get
lost easily so follow these instructions.
- From the Dog Fort go left twice then up. On the way here and back
pick up six bones. You may have to double back to find enough bones.
- Be very careful you don't lose your way! Remember the direction you
came from is at the bottom of the screen unless you are coming from
one of the special scenes.
- Before talking to Fluffy, set Malcolm to lying mode. Chat with Fluffy
and he will hand over a leather mouse. Go right past the Altar of Cats
to the Colossus and click the leather mouse on the six large balls of
stone and turn them into cat statues.
- Return to the Altar of Cats and return, via the sesame cart, to the
Dog Fort. Go into the Cat Ruins. Go down the stairs into the
Hieroglyphic Room. Click the leather mouse on the wall to light up the
room. Now click the leather mouse on each of the statues. Make a note
of which animation occurs with which statue. Go outside to the Dog Fort.
- Save the game here.
- Give a bone to Duke. He will bury the bone and may uncover a gem. If
he does not uncover a gem. Restore the game and give a bone to Duke
again. Continue this process until a gem is exposed. Then give Duke
another bone. Repeat the process of restoring the game if he does not
uncover a gem and offering another bone when he does, until you have
all six gems.
- Return to the Altar of Cats and put each gem on the altar. Note which
animation occurs with which gem.
- Go right to the Colossus. Save the game here. Place each of the gems
on the statues so that you match the animations. You can rearrange the
gems provided you have not placed the last gem. If you get the
placements wrong, you can restore the game and try again or use this
table which you should be able to create yourself from your visit to
the Hieroglyphic Room at the Cat Ruins and by placing the gems on the
Altar of Cats.
Cat Statue Animation Gem Gem Color
1 Moon Diamond White
2 Dawn Topaz Yellow
3 Rain Amethyst Purple
4 Wind Emerald Green
5 Lightning Sapphire Blue
6 Fire Ruby Red
- When you have all the gems placed correctly, the statues will
activate and a crystal mouse will appear. Try clicking the crystal
mouse on Malcolm. Oh dear! Malcolm has become a mouse. Go left then
right to Fluffy. Chat with Fluffy and he will give you a piece of
cheese that will turn Malcolm human again. Malcolm . . . Human ? . . .
well Kyrandian, anyway!
- From Fluffy, go up three times and you will arrive at the Pirate
Beach. Chat with the pirates. Talk to the captain, Jean Claude
Barbecue. He will only take you to Kyrandia if you have some magic.
(Just for fun, if you have a flea in your inventory, give it to Jean
Claude. This will give you an opportunity to explore his ship. Go back
out.) Click the crystal mouse on Louie, the peg-leg pirate, and turn
him into a mouse. This convinces Jean Claude to take you back to Kyrandia.
ENDS OF THE EARTH
- Well, Malcolm had no choice than to travel with the pirates but it
seems to have landed him in worse trouble. The treacherous pirates
hand Malcolm over to his arch enemies Kallak and Brandon. Having run
out of other options of getting rid of Malcolm they send him to the
Ends of the Earth.
- Save the game.
- Malcolm has earned three coins. Select the umbrella on the right hand
machine and deposit one coin. Take the umbrella. Then select the pool
float and deposit a second coin. Take the pool float. With your last
coin you can buy insurance from the left hand machine. Since you saved
the game, and can continue to do so as you progress, you can restore instead.
- Take the left hand barrel down the waterfall. Wear the pool float.
- Use the pump to inflate the flower under the ledge. Keep the pump.
- Jump on the flower to bounce over to the other side of the waterfall.
- Take a look inside the cave and watch the movie. When Malcolm leaves,
drop down the waterfall wearing the pool float. Deflate the pool float
using the pump. Use the umbrella on the hook in the middle of the
waterfall, to swing across to the other side. Now use the umbrella on
Malcolm, click on the rocks below and float down to the next ledge.
- Take a look in this cave and watch the movie. When Malcolm leaves,
use the umbrella, click on the rocks below and float down to the next ledge.
- Go into the cave and watch the movie.
- When Malcolm wakes up, he finds out some considerable time has passed again!
- Set Malcolm to lying mode.
- You will have to play tic-tac-toe with the Fish Queen several times.
- She has put a magic collar around Malcolm's neck so that he is forced
to return to her when she summons him. In order to get away so you can
plan and arrange your escape you must lose each game. Then talk to the
Queen. In lying mode, Malcolm will flatter the Queen enough for her to
be generous and give Malcolm some free time. Alternatively, once you
have some money, the merman, standing attendance, can be bribed with
one coin to play the game for you.
- Even though you will keep being interrupted by the Queen, keep
following these directions in between the interruptions:
- Return to the Fish Court before the Queen summons you again and talk
to the merman. He will tell you that the Queen is afraid of only one
thing . . . her father, the Fish King, but he is dead.
- The scene to the right of the Fish Court is the Sluice Support. Go
left from here to the Perch University. Tickle one of the student
fishes with the Jester Staff. While the teacher is distracted, steal
the apple. Go left again and watch the ride to Hell. That's the
expensive method. The Hell Ride costs five coins for your first ride
and ten for the next. We will try the cheaper method.
- Get in the sluice (water-slide) and operate the lever. Enjoy the
ride! You will land in the Dump. Rummage in the Dump. You are looking
for a newspaper. You must keep visiting the Dump until you find a
newspaper. Also keep any apples, worm eaten apples or worms. Talk to
the blind bat fish. He will think Malcolm is the tax collector and pay
him. Take the two coins. Make sure you keep one of these coins until
you are about to leave Limbo.
- You can also sell items to the blind batfish, but this isn't very
efficient so I don't recommend it. If you have useless items like
slime, you can swap them for something else by placing the item on the
grassy ledge to the right of the blind batfish. While he is
distracted, click several times on the cave. You may find a newspaper
- If by now you have collected at least six coins from the blind bat
fish then you can pay for the Hell Ride. Otherwise you must have two
worms. If you have two apples half eaten or whole, eat them and you
will have two worms. Ick! Return to the Perch University and steal
another apple if you need to.
- Go to the Sluice Support and feed the two worms to the bottom fish,
also the largest, in the support. This breaks the sluice. Take another
sluice ride and you will end up at the Door to the Underworld.
- Talk to the clerk and she will tell you how to perform a royal
seance. Wait for the Queen back in Limbo to summon you.
- By now you should have a coin and a newspaper in your inventory.
Play tic-tac-toe to lose again, and when there are five merman on the
board perform the Royal Seance. (You should have at least seven
mortals on screen, not counting the Queen, who want the return of the
deceased). Drop the coin (image of the Fish King) and click the
newspaper (something to see back in time) on it. The Fish King appears
and the Queen is frightened away. The Fish King is more terrible than
the Fish Queen so leave as soon as you are able!
- If you blow this and complete the tic-tac-toe game before initiating
the seance, or seem to be waiting forever for the Queen to summon you
to another match of tic-tac-toe, visit the Queen and talk to her in
nice or normal mode. She will challenge you to another game.
- Once the Fish Queen has been frightened off, drop any coins as you
won't need them. Quickly collect up as many manufactured items as you
can find; keys, fondue sets, socks etc., as will fit in the inventory.
- Leave one slot free in the inventory.
- Collect two worms again. Feed the large fish at the sluice support
and take the sluice ride to the Door to the Underworld.
- Set Malcolm to nice mode and talk to the old man waiting at the line.
- Convince him to let you go ahead of him. The clerk will call you when
she has processed Mr. Levis and show you right in.
- Not quite what it is cracked up to be. Looks like Malcolm is going to
enjoy himself here! Chat with all the people who come by while Malcolm
is waiting for his paperwork to be completed.
- Oh-oh! Back to the surface then. At the Boon Docks, use the funny
looking contraption and it will take you to the surface of Kyrandia.
FREEING KYRANDIA ACCOMPANIED BY
- It's night time when you arrive in Kyrandia.
- And now here's Stewart, Malcolm's "good" conscience. Must have been
all that help Malcolm gave the cats and the good feelings he had in Hell!
- Or may be Malcolm just destroyed the rock under which Stewart was buried!
- Before clicking on anything, save the game.
- There are three options, each of which has an effect on how you reach
the end of the game. You can finish the game with only Gunther with
you by clicking on him. Or you can forget about Gunther and complete
the game with only Stewart by clicking on him. Or you can have double
trouble by clicking on both of them and keep both Gunther and Stewart
with you. There are separate directions for all three options. Play them all!
- Go to the Castle and go inside. Talk to Louie (the peg-leg pirate)
and he will ask you for the Isle of Cats gems. Leave. Go to the Castle
- Dump and rummage for the nut on a string. Also get a bent or straight nail.
If you have a straight nail, go to the Town Square and open the
Magician's Lodge lock with the nail.
- Go to the Bath Building which is now a Pawn Shop. Go into the shop.
Here is Herman who has changed careers! Talk to Herman to find out
what he is buying. If you don't have what he wants, leave and re enter.
- Talk to him again. He will be buying something different.
- Do this until you manage to sell something for a few sesame seeds.
- Return to the Castle Dump. Put the seeds down for the squirrel then
hypnotize it with the nut on a string. Take the hypnotized squirrel.
- Go to the Town Square and go down to the Cellar. Go to Darm and
Brandywine via the magic carpet. Ask Darm then Brandywine to give you
a Portal Potion. Eventually, Brandywine will ask for a squirrel.
- Give her the squirrel and she will have Darm fetch a Portal Potion for you.
- Take the Portal Potion and return to the Cellar via the magic carpet.
You can't leave via the Town Hall anymore, so leave the Cellar via the
sewer to the Toy Factory.
- Go to the Town Arena and use the Portal Potion.
- You arrive in the Cat Ruins. Go left to the old Dog Fort. Pick up the
machete. Go left twice, then up to Fluffy.
- Talk to Fluffy. The revolution is not going well it seems.
- Fluffy gives you a cheesemaker. Go to the Colossus by going right then left.
Use the cheesemaker. Click the cheese on the mouse statue.
Take the six gems. Return to Fluffy. He will give you a can of tuna!
Use the can and you will return to Kyrandia.
- Back in Kyrandia, you have lost the inventory you collected in Limbo.
The only vital thing is the awful Fish Queen's magic collar.
You lost it when you took off for the Isle of Cats. You must find it now.
Check the Castle Dump. Also look for the nut on a string here.
- Go to the Castle Foyer again. Show one of the gems to Louie.
Then give the collar to Jean Claude. The Fish Queen is back on her throne!
Luckily all the pirates vanish as soon as Jean Claude is summoned.
- Go to the Castle Dump. _Do not_ enter the Castle. Go to the castle,
talk to Louie and you will end up in jail as a rather elegant mouse!
- Tickle the mouse on the right with the Jester Staff until a nail is
released. Use the nail to pick the lock and free Malcolm. Then pick
the other lock and free the other prisoners. Fertilize the seeds with
the eel and place them on the door. Malcolm will acknowledge that he
is making a botanical bomb so you will know when you have placed the
seeds correctly. Water the seeds with the flask of water and keep the flask.
- After escaping, Zanthia will give Malcolm a piece of cheese to de-
mousify himself. Go to the castle and talk with Louie. He will demand
the six gems on the Isle of Cats as a ransom for Brandon.
- Make a wooden horse, if you need to, then go to the Town Hall and get
a Pegasus Potion from Zanthia. This time Zanthia accepts the toy horse
when Malcolm offers it! Go to the Pegasus Landing and use the Pegasus Potion.
- Malcolm arrives at the Isle of Cats Pegasus Landing. Take the machete
and go left twice, right twice, left and up to Fluffy. Fluffy will
give you the cheesemaker. Get the gems from the Altar of Cats and
return to Kyrandia as described in Gunther section.
- Get rid of the pirates as described in the Gunther section.
GUNTHER & STEWART
- Go to the castle. Talk to Louie and he will request the gems from the
Isle of Cats.
- Go to the Castle Dump and get a flask and a nail. Go to the
Magician's Lodge, unlock it with the nail and then free the prisoners
using the nail. Leave the items on the floor. Make a wooden horse,
if you need to, then go to the Town Hall and get a Pegasus Potion from Zanthia.
- Malcolm arrives at the Isle of Cats Pegasus Landing. Take the machete
and, collecting bones, go left, then right twice to the old Dog Fort.
- Dig up all the bones you can find here with the machete. Then go left
twice and up to Fluffy, picking up bones on the way. Fluffy will want
ten bones from you. Return to Fluffy with the ten bones and he will
give you the cheesemaker. Get the gems from the Altar of Cats and
return to Kyrandia as described in Gunther section.
- Get rid of the as described in the Gunther section
Clearing Malcolm's Name
- This section plays a little differently depending on which halves of
Malcolm's conscience are with him. However the instructions apply for
all three options.
- Well, learning the Royal Seance back in Limbo may prove useful. The
only witnesses to the Royal Couple's death are themselves and Malcolm.
- No-one believes Malcolm, so you need a image of one of the deceased.
- You also need to coax the Voice of Reason at the Town Hall to help
you. And he has a predilection for Fish Cream Sandwiches!
- Drop the machete. Also drop the cheesemaker (unless you have been won
over by Stewart and want to help de-mousify the Kyrandian people).
- Fetch as many logs of wood as you can fit in the inventory. Find the
rest of your previous inventory at the Town Arena or Pegasus Landing.
- Pick up the kind of things Herman will buy. He seems to prefer
manufactured items; e.g. keys, fondue sets, socks and toys. Discard
the logs to make room if you like. If you keep some logs, go to the
Toy Factory and make some toy soldiers and toy horses with the logs.
- Go to Herman's Pawn Shop. The main aim here is to buy the crutch with
a gem as soon as Herman puts it on sale. He only accepts gems as
payment so make sure you hold one gem back for the crutch. You also
want three portions of sesame seeds. (If you are playing with both
Gunther and Stewart, you can get one portion of sesame seeds from the
Magician's Lodge.) Buy anything Herman has for sale which you may be
able to sell to him later. You may have to leave and re-enter many times!
- Once you have the crutch and three portions of seeds you can drop any
gems you have left. Pick up a bent nail you dropped somewhere or find
one in the Castle Dump. You also need the nut on a string, a flask and
a straight nail from the Castle Dump
- Make the nail on a string and go the Cellar. Use the nail on a string
in the pool and catch three eels. Fertilize two of the portions of
seeds with two of the eels. Fill the flask with water from the pool
and water each of the fertilized seeds.
- Go to the Dairy. Put both the sesame plants in the hopper on the
left. Use the nail to make a hole in the cream container and fill the
flask with cream.
- Go to the Town Square and enter the Fish Cream Parlor. Fix the
machine with the crutch. Put the eel, sesame seeds and cream into the
machine's hopper. Take the Fish Cream Sandwich.
- Go to Malcolm's Apartment and look under the bed. You will find a
picture of King William. Leave and go down the sewer to the Cellar,
then up the stairs to the Town Hall.
- At the Town Hall, talk to the Voice of Reason and put King William's
portrait in the cabinet. Then give the sandwich to the Voice.
Malcolm, the cabinet and the Voice will transport to the Fish Cream
Parlor. Put William's portrait in the cabinet.
- Malcolm is vindicated! Enjoy the closing scenes! These differ
according to which halves of his conscience Malcolm completes his goal
with. So restore from where Malcolm just returned from Hell and pick a
THE LEGEND OF KYRANDIA BOOK 3: MALCOLM'S REVENGE is published by
Westwood Studios and distributed by Virgin Interactive Entertainment
Special thanks must go to CIS Gamers Melinda Gottesman and Carsten
Witte who tested the accuracy and usability of this walkthrough.
Please send us your comments and suggestions.