By Al Giovetti
Examine in the walkthru means look at the object first and then look at the object again when the pop-up window appears. Use and give have different effects, so make sure you use the right verb! The verbs that appear on the screen are used throughout the walkthru.
The Frozen Lands
Places to visit in the Frozen Lands:
The Village of Balkhane
The Old House
The Frozen Lake
The Edge of the Forest
The Path of Sculptures
The Hollow Tree
The Top of the Ravine
- The game starts in The Village of Balkhane. Talk to the village Elder and say, "Sounds great. But what am I supposed to do?", then "Do you have any last minute words of advice?" until you get the medallion. Walk up to The Bridge, cross the stream and walk right to The Old House.
- When you arrive at The Old House, look at the cellar door. It's on the left of the house, under the porch. Use the cellar door to open it, then walk into the cellar. Pick up the rope, on the ground to the left of the altar, and the statuette from the altar. Walk back up the staircase to leave the cellar.
- Use the front door of the house, and a ghost will appear. Use the medallion on the ghost to exorcise it. Use the front door again to open it, then walk into the house. Take the bag of seeds that is to the right of the witch.
- Leave the house and walk to The Frozen Lake. Look at the chair in the boat, then examine it to awaken Simbeline. Say, "But who..., what kind of creature are you?" and take the orb.
- Walk to The Edge of the Forest and give the statuette to the well-dressed gentleman. Walk right to The Path of Sculptures. Examine the thing sticking out of the ground, it is on the ground in front of the frozen soldiers, then take the rusty shield. Walk up to The Hollow Tree and examine the tree stump that the Drimm is sitting on. Use the lever to open the door in the large tree.
- Use the bag of seed on the bird, then walk away from the bag. In front
tree is far enough. When the bird leaves the nest look at it and take
- Walk left and return to The Edge of the Forest, then give the necklace
well-dressed gentleman. You will get some gloves in return. Walk right
return to The Hollow Tree again, then walk into the opening in the large
- Use the gloves, then take a blue fruit. Look at the rightmost dead
take the ring. Don't use the ring on yourself or you will die!
- Walk out of the tree, then walk up to The Well. Use the rope with the
above the well, then use the rope again to climb down into the well. Use
orb to create some light. Examine the small pile of dirt, then take the
tablet. The pile of dirt is on the floor just to the left of the rope.
right into the tunnel. Find the tunnel entrance by moving the cursor
the centre of the screen from the right. Examine the second pile of
take the other part of the clay tablet. The pile of dirt is on the floor
the middle of the screen. Use one piece of tablet with the other to join
together. Walk left back to the bottom of the well, take the orb, then
rope to climb out of the well. You can get into the Ogre's cave from the
but we will go an easier way.
- Walk left to The Crossing, then walk to the bushy path. This path is
the clump of bushes on the far right side of the scene. In the next
the bushes that are on the far right-hand side to hide behind. Wait
Ogre has left, then walk through the small hole to enter the Ogre's
small hole is located in the rocks just above and to the left of the
boulder the Ogre used to seal the cave.
- Examine the pillow on the Ogre's bed to discover a key. Use the key on
chest that is located on the far left of the scene. Take one of the
oil and leave the cave by walking through the small hole that you came
The small hole is more obvious inside the cave because you can see a
sunlight shining through it.
- Walk left, back to the forest path, then walk up towards the mountains.
you are accosted by the bandits say, "I'm off to kill the Ice Giant",
"Would you settle for some sort of valuable object instead?". Give the
the bandit leader. He will wear the ring and die. Look at the dead
leader and take first his knife, then his scarf. Carry on walking up
- Walk to The Ravine. When there, use the ancient clay tablet to start an
earthquake and open the ravine. Before you go to the castle walk to The
the Ravine. This isn't easy to find, but the path is behind the thin
snow on the far right of the scene. Move the cursor over the centre of
strip to find the path. Once at the top of the ravine examine the frozen
carcass and take the sulphur stick.
- Walk back down to The Ravine. The path is on the far right of the scene.
up to the castle. Once at the castle, walk across the drawbridge and the
Giant will come out to greet you. Use the flask of oil, then the sulphur
on the Ice Giant to melt him. Walk through the palace gates and into the
- Once inside the palace use the scarf on the rusty shield to polish it
just use the shield. This will protect you as you walk through the
pulses. Take the emerald, it is on the floor in front of the bird.
give the blue fruit to the bird and you will be transported to The Land
The Land of Mists
Places to visit in the Land of Mists:
The Wooden Tower
The Swamp Path
The Spider's Platform
The Stairs on Mists
The Ancient City
- Walk right towards the swamp path across the small wooden bridge. Say
later alligator" to get past the lizard guard. Walk right again to The
Path. Look under the small wooden bridge that is in front of you as you
the scene and take the dead possum. Now walk right, back to the Wooden
Give the dead possum to the lizard guard and he will give you a strange
aid in return. Examine the hearing aid to find the wax plugs, then use
plug your ears.
- Walk right, back to the Swamp Path, then walk up towards the Spider's
As you walk past the swamp Jemima emerges and plays her drum. Because
wearing the ear plugs you are immune to the hypnotic music. When Jemima
disappears take the drum that is floating in the swamp just to your
Carry on walking up towards the Spider's Platform.
- Once on the platform walk towards the scattered bones in the centre of
scene. When the spider appears from her den use the strange hearing aid
to drive her away. Now, examine the skeleton with the purple tunic and
the small gold key. Walk back to the Wooden Tower again.
- When you are back at the Tower, use the hypnotic drum to send the lizard
to sleep. Take the guard's spear then examine the guard and take his
the guard's key with the tower door and walk inside the tower. Take the
from the wall and take the wool blanket from under the cage, then look
the red curtain and take the book. Use the small gold key with the cage
release Iris the fairy. Say "You could start by telling me who you are",
get the magic powder. Now, walk out of the tower and up the mountain
towards The Stairs of Mists.
- Carefully move the cursor over the vases on the platform and take the
(singular), then walk up towards the Ancient City.
- Use the magic powder with the vase of water to kill Titan. Then use the
with the door of the gate- keeper's shack to break down the door. The
the shack is the small door on the left of the scene. Then walk inside
- Look at the hay that is illuminated by the sun beam. The hay is on the
the centre right of the scene. Take the five gold coins and walk out of
- Now, look carefully at the paved path leading up to the city gate. In
the centre of the path there are three lighter coloured flagstones. Walk on
the stones in the following precise order: left-hand stone, lower stone,
then upper stone to open the city gate. Walk through the city gate.
- Use the door that is on the far right-hand side of the scene and walk
into the library. Give the book you found in the lizard guard's tower to Izion.
You will get the Mecubarz's key and another key. Each time you acquire a gem
use it with the Mecubarz's key to place the gem in the key. Walk out of the
- Look at the town perch that the gargoyle is sitting on and use the key
that Izion gave you on the lock. The key is the larger of the two you now
have. This will release the gargoyle and allow you to walk around the rest of
- Use the wooden door to the left of the library and walk inside the small
house. Say "I was just leaving thank you" to the gargoyle. Take the lollipop
from the left-hand child. You will have to wait for her to take the lollipop out
of her mouth before you can take it. Walk out of the house.
- Use the door of the temple to open it and then walk inside. Use the
lizard guard's spear with Angor the Snake Demon to kill him. Take the diamond
that falls out of the demon's crown. It is on the floor, just below the demon. Look
at the bones to the left of the pit and take the gold coins. Walk out of
- Walk onto the balloon ship, then talk to the Captain. Say, "Do you think
this ship is seaworthy?", then "The Engulfed Fortress might be fun to
The Captain will then tell you the fare that you can't afford and hit
cabin boy. Give the lollipop to the cabin boy and he will change the
the Captain's book. Now, give the gold coins to the Captain and you will
- Once the ship is on the sea use the cabin door to open it and walk into
the Captain's cabin. Take the parchment from the table and the smelly socks
from the bed. The socks aren't obvious, but they are on the bed. Examine the
Captain's bed and take the hairpin. Use the hairpin to bend it into
shape, then use it on the box. The box is on the floor, between the bed and the
chest. Take the magic stone from the box and then walk back out onto the deck.
- Use the hatch on the deck to open it and walk down the ladder into the
Look at the barrel behind the ladder and take a piece of raw steak. Use
fuel tank to open the door. The fuel tank is on the far left of the
the steak with the gunky fuel to cover it in fuel, now use the gunk
the smelly socks. Walk back up to the deck.
- Use the stuffed sock with the shark to kill it. The shark is to the left
ship. Now, use the magic stone to swallow it, then use the parchment to
the spell. Use the water to jump in and descend to The Engulfed
The Engulfed Fortress
Places to visit in the Engulfed Fortress:
The Seaweed Forest
The Edge of the Abyss
The Coral Path
The Engulfed Fortress
- When the seahorses arrive say, "Is this the Engulfed Fortress?", then "I
really appreciate your concern", then "I'll take my chances anyway, good-bye".
You have now been given a piece of kelp. Walk to the sandy path to the right
of the scene and then walk to The Edge of the Abyss.
- Ignore the Siren and use the knife on the oyster shell. There are two
oysters in the scene, both on the sand at the edge of the abyss. Use the knife
on the shell closest to the Siren. Some oysters are empty and some contain
Ignore the empty oyster shells. Take the pearl and walk left back to The
- Walk up the hidden path. This path is in the gap in the seaweed to the
the sandy path, directly above the starfish, and walk to The Coral Path.
the knife on the shell that is in front of you on the upper path. Take
pearl. Walk to the second bend in the path and use the knife of the
shell of the two. Take the pearl. You should now have three pearls. Walk
up the path and left back to The Seaweed Forest, then walk left again to
- Use the door in the shell house to knock on it. Say "Could I interest
some pearls?" when the turtle answers the door. When you are inside the
turtle's house give the three pearls to him. You will receive a treasure
in return. Walk left to leave the house, then walk down and back to The
Seaweed Forest. Walk to the large building in the distance and then to
- Give the kelp weed to Leroy the crab and take the shovel. The shovel is
right of Leroy. Walk down and then back to The Seaweed Forest. Examine
treasure map and notice the position of the treasure; X marks the spot.
the shovel on the sandy bottom just above the starfish. If you don't get
right spot the first time just move the cursor slightly and try again.
bent hairpin with the chest and take King Thut's treasure. Walk up the
path and back to The Coral Path.
- Give King Thut's treasure to Khor and he will flee with the loot. Take
spear and walk into the cave entrance. You are now back in The Land of
The platform will take you back up to The Stairs of Mists. The platform
descend again if you use the broom handle behind the rightmost vase.
this doesn't do you much good, so ignore the platform and walk into the
tunnel entrance on the far left-hand side of the cave.
- Welcome to the only maze in the game. The maze is completely regular and
easy to map. To save you the effort there are only two interesting
in the maze. To get to Ismael from the first room in the maze take the
following route: up, right, up, right, up. This walkthru ignores Ismael,
you now know where he is if you would like to visit him. To get to the
inside The Engulfed Fortress take the following route from the first
the maze: left, left, up, right, take the crowbar lying on the floor on
cave, left, down, down, left, up. Use the crowbar on the door and walk
the open door.
The maze is:
+---+ +---+ +---+
X O-O O-O X
+-O-+ +-O-+ +---+
+---+ +---+ +-O-+ +-O-+
X O-O X X X X X
+-O-+ +O--+ +O--+ +O-O+
| | |---| |---| |
+-O-+ +O-O+ +--O+ +--O+ +---+
X X X X X X X X | <-Ismael
+-O-+ +-O-+ +-O-+ +---+ +-O-+
| | | |
+---+ +---+ +-O-+ +-O-+ +-O-+ +---+ +-O-+
X O-O X X O-O O-O O-O O-O X
+---+ +-O-+ +--O+ +---+ +---+ +-O-+ +---+
|----| | Crowbar |
+---+ +O-O+ +-|-+ +---+ +-O-+ +---+
Gorgon-> | X O-O v X X O-O O-O X
+-D-+ +-O-+ +---+ +-O-+ +---+ +---+
| | |
+-D-+ +-O-+ +---+ +-O-+
X X X O-O O-O O-> Platform
+-O-+ +-O-+ +-O-+ +---+
| | |
+-O-+ +-O-+ +-O-+
X O-O O-O X
+---+ +---+ +---+
X = Blocked passage
O = Opening
D = Door
To kill the Gorgon use Khor's spear on the cosmic window below the
the sapphire from the alcove on the left. Use the control switch,
the far right panel. This controls the direction of the platform in the
cave. Walk left through the tunnel port, then, once back in the maze
this route to exit: down, right, right, up, right, right. You are now
The Land of Shadows
Use the control box in front of the platform and you will descend on the
platform. When the platform gets stuck use the wool blanket and you will
to the bottom of the shaft. Talk to the gates and answer, "The Boogie
Walk through the gates and you will be captured by the guards and thrown
Take the spoon from the table and the cup from in front of the table.
the floor ramp below the window and use the spoon on the loose stone.
the prisoner and he will wake up. When he is awake say, "My name's
Quickthorpe. I've come to free you". When the prisoner dies examine him
take the key. Use the tunnel to return to your cell. Look at the door
the key with the lock. The key is the larger of the two you have. Walk
Talk to Bill, the left-hand skeleton. Say, "Could I have one of your
ID cards?". You will get an ID card. Finish the conversation and walk
the scene to the left. Use Khor's spear and you will vault over the gap
bridge. Walk to the top of the ledge on the left-hand side of the cave.
Use the cup with the river Stynx to get a cup full of lava. Give the ID
the Grim Reaper, then use the Hell Rail to cross the Stynx. Walk into
entrance on the left.
Say, "Just a routine inspection. I'll be on my way" to The Fire Demon.
the cup with The Fire Demon to kill him. Take the final gem, a ruby,
pedestal on the far right of the scene. Now, use the empty catacomb that
immediately to the left of where the ruby was standing. You will crawl
a tunnel and back out into the platform dock again.
The End Game
Use the control switch on the panel on the far right of the scene to
platform down. Now walk onto the platform to ascend.
Walk into the tunnel entrance on the far left side of the cave to enter
maze again. Once in the maze follow these directions to get back to The
Engulfed Fortress: left, down, left, left, up, up.
If you haven't done so, use all four gems with the Mecubarz's key to
it. Then use the key on the security port to open it. Walk through the
Use the button on the middle chair, it is on the left-hand arm of the
then sit in the middle chair. End of game.
Fable is copyright 1996 Telstar Electronic Studio.