N O T E S
The Complete Walkthrough, Version 1.0 (9-14-99)
The most recent version of this FAQ can be found at:
I am now finished writing the Walkthrough! Yay! Any update after this is most likely to be fixing an mistakes that I find. Hehe. Or maybe discussing this new patch that is coming out. But I am finally through the game!
If you are a webmaster and wish to post this on your web page, please email me first. And if you do post this FAQ on your site, please make an attempt to keep it up to date. There is nothing worse than getting emails from people who saw an old version asking about things that are already in the newer versions. Well, maybe there are worse things, but it IS annoying!
There is going to be a patch to Drakan released some time soon.
This FAQ looks smashing in Courier New at about 9 points. (If you look up directly under the word "notes" above and see something other than a straight line, then you might need to change your font!)
This is mostly a step-by-step walkthrough similar to the walkthrough I wrote for The Legend of Zelda (NES). I think this format works well for this game. Also note that this was written using the Normal difficulty setting. However, since the only difference between the difficulty settings is how much damage you take (-25% for easy, +28% for hard), this shouldn't have any effect at all on the Walkthrough.
Also note that I don't use the "proper" names for most of the creatures. usually call them what they look like. This is because the manual doesn't actually list all the monsters, so I had to make new names up. If you want to see the "proper" names you can check down at the Enemies section below.
1. The Beginning of the Game, Ruined Village
- Get the Mithril Short Sword
Hint: Do a Quick-Save (simply press 'Q') after you win every Battle.
- Be careful when you first start out, a Wartok will try to sneak up on you. Don't forget to equip your sword! (use the mouse wheel, or press '[')
- Go north and then east. There is a Wartok here. Go into the house to get a Health Elixer.
- Now go all the way west. You will see a ruined house there, but don't bother going inside. Instead go north and slide down to the beach. A little to the Northwest is some treasure: a Mithril Short Sword, and 3 Health Elixers.
- Now swim along a little to the west (make sure to come up for air!) and then
go back on shore and head south to get Duncan's Battle Axe (durability
- Go back to where you got the Mithril Short Sword, and there is a little cave
just to the south of that. Go in there. There are some Spiders in there so
Spiders: Kill them is pretty easy, just crouch (R-CTRL) and attack if they get
too close. No strategy involved, really.
- You will find yourself at an underground lake. Swim across it to a new
small room that has a pool.
- Dive into the pool, and swim through to a new area.
- Get out of the water and find the passage (hard in the dark) and go down it.
There will be some spiders here.
- Eventually you will reach the end of the passage, and then you flip the
lever to get into the Tavern Basement. You start at the last step in the
next part, Tavern Key. So immediately you can get the Key.
- The Tavern is just to the south of where the Man died.
- Ignore the upstairs in the Tavern.
- On the back of the stairs, open a door to the cellar.
- Smash any barrels you find for Health Elixers.
- Jump onto the boxes to get onto the ledge, to get the Mace.
Hint: The sword that you start with is the only item (until you get the Mourn
Bringer or Rune Blade, but that will be awhile!) that does not get
damaged over time, all the other weapons/armors/etc. will. So if you
don't need to use the Mace, DON'T! For example if you see a Barrel that
you want to smash, use your original Short Sword on it.
- Flip the lever (ENTER) to open the portculis.
- Use the crouch attack on the Spiders.
- On a table to the left (from where you entered) is a key, use ENTER to get
Find the Rusty Chainmail
- From the dead Man, go West until you get to the Area with the Scavengers in
Scavenger: Sneak up to it, then let it come to you, crouch and attack with the
Mace. It should only take about 3 attacks.
- There is a little cave further to the west that has the Chain Mail in it
Hint: After you get a new item like the Chain Mail armor, you need to open up
your inventory (press 'I') and equip it. (double click it)
- Go out of the cave and up the ledge that leads southward. There will be
another Scavenger up here.
- Jump into the river and swim westwards until you get to where you can stand
up in the water, then head north. There will be a Wartok here. Kill him
to get the Invisibility Potion. Go into the shed (or is that an outhouse?)
to get 2 Health Elixers.
- Climb up the ledge to the South West, and then slide down the other side to
get back to the area where we found the Chainmail.
- From here go back to the Tavern.
- Head south past the tavern to get to the Priests house.
- Beware there is a scavenger (fast bugger!) along the path.
Scavenger: Sneak up to it, then let it come to you, crouch and attack with the
Mace. It should only take about 3 attacks.
- Further along the path you will find a Wartok killing a human.
Wartok: Sneak up to it, then attack as much as you can!
- Head south and cross the river.
- Atimar's (the Priests) house is not the one immediately across the river,
his is the house just to the east of that. There is another Scavenger
between the houses.
- Go up to the door and use your key (ENTER) then enter to house.
- The Book is just on the table inside.
Find the Soul Crystal
- As you exit there will be two Wartoks.
Hint: If it looks to you like a Wartok is yelling and flailing his arms around
that means that he is calling for his other Wartok buddies to come and
help him kill you.
- Head back north across the bridge.
- Go East, there should be about 3 Wartocks along here.
- As the path curves, go north. There will be a larger Wartok here with a
Potion of Life.
- Head north across the bridge and into the temple.
- Use the book (ENTER) on the pedestal which is on the temple (you must do
this while standing on the north side of the temple).
- Step onto the steps and the Game will take over and show you some
- Go down into the pit.
- After you go through a little tunnel you will emerge into a room with many
Swinging Axe Blades. Walk right up to each blade, wait for it to go by,
then run past it. Careful! Each blade goes at a different speed. You may
want to save it after you pass each one. Also be careful that you stay on
the path, it bends to the right, then bends back (sort of like a crescent
- Walk through the tunnel into a Domed Chamber.
- At the opposite end of the dome you will find a Statue and a Floor Switch.
Push the statue onto the switch.
- Now on the two sides of the chamber are two more Floor Switches, go over to
those and step on them. The lights should go out leaving only a purplish
color in the center of the room. Also the pit in the center of the dome
will be filled.
- Go into the center of the room, and get Heron's Crystal off of the front
(that is, facing the entrance) of the weird Purple thing.
- Now the pit will reopen, but now as a Staircase, go down it.
- Finally step onto the platform at the end of the tunnel, and it will raise
you to a new cave.
- Exit the cave and cross the suspension bridge. Your map will be updated
(which is what that flashing map icon means).
- On the other side you will find a Wartok. (or two)
- Head east, and then south. You should arrive at a place with a few stacked
boxes and a torch. From there take the new path to the north.
- There should be about 3 Wartoks here (on mine they appeared to have killed
a fourth one). Don't attack their barrels, as they are explosives!
- Continue north to the Giant Bare Tree Thingie (whatever), and push it over.
If you are lucky, it will fall on the Wartock on the other side and kill
him. (well that's what happened to me!)
- Jump onto your new bridge, and CAREFULLY cross it.
- Head north. There will be another Wartok here.
- Go into the cave, there are about 2 Wartoks in here. Go through the cave.
Hint: Don't try to run away from Wartoks, they are much faster than you!
- Once through the cave there is another Wartok.
- Head east through the northern path, and you'll get to see a broken
- Careful while crossing this bridge, as you may have noticed, it is quite
- There will be a Wartok immediately off of the bridge, and there are several
others camped out close by.
Hint: The Thrust (Tap Forward, Attack) makes an excellent first attack against
Wartoks, it can remove their weapons (or limbs) and slightly stuns them
Hint: If Wartoks hear something, they will go out to investigate, whether they
know you are there or not. So if you stay still they may wander around
then head back to their camp, and go back to sleep. Very useful. Then
you can sneak up on them and attack.
- Go to the East Bridge and cross it (you'll know it because there is a
skeleton skewered by it).
- Now go north, drop off the little cliff and then go up the side of the
mountain to the East. There is a Wartok here.
Hint: If you are having trouble going up a mountain-side try doing a little
- Head east to the next bridge. There will be about 2 Wartoks around. Do
NOT attack the 3 barrels there, one of them is an explosive!
- Cross the Bridge. Careful, this bridge isn't completed either.
- Now go North-East. A Wartok here will push a boulder in an attempt to kill
you, but on my game he merely managed to kill another Wartok. Notice the
pretty waterfall. Ooh... Pretty.
- The path we want to follow is close to the river, and heads south. It's
very dark and hard to see, but this path leads to another bridge.
- Cross this bridge as well, and once again there's a big hole in it. You'd
think that the people here would have taken better care of their bridges!
- There is a Scavenger to the right after you get off the bridge.
- Further to the West (right of the bridge) is a Cave and inside is another
Scavenger who has killed a man who had a Health Elixer and a Worn Chain
- Go back out of the Cave and head up and east.
- You will soon see a Red Cave that looks very suspicious. There are quite a
few Scavengers around here.
- Walk through the little stream and over to the Cave. Go inside. Your map
will be immediately updated to show this cave.
- In the hallway just past the Main Hallway will be a trap near the floor.
Just as soon as the axe moves out of the wall and away from you, run after
it. Then when you get about halfway you will need to jump because the axe
will swing back out.
- Now the hall will turn, and the next hallway has 2 such axes. One on the
floor and one higher. Get as close to it as you can get (use the Sneak)
before making your move. After the low one has passed run out about halfway
and crouch, let the one move above you, then run out again and jump to get
over the low one.
- For the next hallway, it is actually safe to stand in the corner of the
hallway that connects to this hall (NOT the corner near the Axe!). This
allows you to look and see what you need to do. This time there are again
2 traps, and again one high and one low. However, this time they swing at
the same time. Again run past the first trap, and then quickly crouch+run
on the second trap. It should pass harmlessly overhead. Then stay crouched
and do a few rolls forward to the end of the hall, and a roll left to get to
- You will now be in a weird Reddish room with blocks missing from the floor.
Did I mention that if you fall down into that pit you die? What you have to
do is to jump across the pit to get to the other side. There are some
blocks left that you can use to jump across, but they will fall down if you
wait too long. Once across, IMMEDIATELY turn to the right and run into the
cave, if you wait even for a second the blocks will all fall down and you
- Run into the next chamber, but don't jump down the cliff. You will be in a
room with the statue of a large Dragon. Follow the path to the right of the
entrance to the chamber to reach the bottom of the room.
- Walk up to the Thingie in the Center of the room, and watch the little
cutscene. Congratulations you now have a Dragon!
2. Wartok Canyons Area
Find the Grimstone Mines Part One
- You are now in a small cave, leave the cave and it will be daylight and
raining, there will be two Wartoks out here.
Hint: When fighting on the back of your Dragon, realize that Arokh does not
automatically move his head around as you move the mouse (while Rynn
does). To move his head to hit the enemies better, use the Right Mouse
Button. Also realize that the amount of life you have is shared, so
if you have a sliver of life while on the Dragon, you both have a sliver
of life. Finally the meter on the right is for your Dragon-Flame, and
naturally replenishes itself.
- To the south, across the river, is a small ruin that has a Health Elixer.
There will be about two Wartocks around this.
- Go a little to the east to the small cabin there, get off your Dragon and
go inside. There's a man there who managed to avoid the Wartoks, and he
will get you a better sword, IF you clear out a mine full of spiders, which
is just a little to the south.
- A little further east you will find three big Wartoks (well...technically
this is a normal Wartok, and all the smaller ones are called Orcs, but since
they are related, I call them both Wartoks!), and another ruin.
Big Wartok: Attack first with a slicing motion (the normal attack works fine)
with your Sword. You do this to try to get rid of their weapons
or a shield if they have one. If you can try to kill them on your
Dragon, but realize that it will take two shots of flame to kill
them. Plus they tend to run for cover when you start shooting at
Hint: Careful! There is a Giant Cannon Thing just to the north of this area,
and it will start shooting at you if you get too near it. (and there is
yet another one to the east of that first one)
- Check out the ruins for another Health Elixer. (there is a small cave nearby
which is the exit from the Spider Cave, and no you can't go very far in it)
Clean out the Spider Caves
- Check your map to see where the Spider Cave is. It isn't all that high up
on the mountain. Fly there, get off of your dragon and go inside. (use
ENTER to unlock the door)
- Once inside just wander around and kill Spiders. You'll know there are
Spiders because you can see the Reds of their eyes.
- Walk out onto a ledge, then push that big Post Thingie down, and cross it
like a bridge.
- Kill the spiders here, and then head south into the dark. There will be
some more spiders. And a Bow! Make sure to secure the area (i.e. kill all
the spiders) before trying to grab the bow (ENTER), because you are
vulnerable while you grab things. Don't forget to take the Arrows too.
- Head east into more spider killing fun. (the Spiders Nest!)
Hint: Be very careful in this area. Just when you think there are no more
Spiders around, they will drop on their Spiderline from the Ceiling to
kill you. Also you can kill that weird moving thing on the wall.
- Continue through the cave (to the south) until you get to the barrels.
Secure the area. Smash the barrels to find two Health Elixers. Continue
up the passage, killing all the spiders that you find.
- You will find yourself in a nicely lit room that is also conveniently
located above the Nest. Move to the other end of the room to find yourself
a new Chain Mail.
- Jump onto the low box, from there to the higher box, and from there to the
very convenient board with the explosive at the other end. The Explosive
will fly up and blast the ceiling killing the spiders.
- Now head down the SE passage. There will be a set of boxes here and a
ledge. Jump onto the boxes to get onto the ledge. This leads to the cave
by the Man's Cavern (you know... the guy who sent you up here!). Leave the
cave and go West to the man's cabin.
- You get a Rune of Stone, and an updated map. You have to use the Rune on
a certain ledge to find out where the Sword is. (it's to the north)
Get the Short Sword of Flame
- After coming out from the Cabin, I was attacked by a Crow Dragon.
Crow Dragon: These nasty creatures fly around and shoot you with Green Fire.
Get on your Dragon quickly and blast them away. (just hold down
the Attack key) Crow Dragons firing range is ever so much
shorter than yours, but don't let them get too close, or they'll
blast you away!
- Fly up to the ledge which should now be indicated on your map (it's to the
north in any case). Use your Rune of Stone in the center of the monoliths
where there is a little indentation for it, and a cave will open up. Go
- The cave will wind its way for a little while (don't worry, you won't get
attacked until a little later).
Hint: NEVER roll up to a Scavenger! Or any other enemy for that matter.
- When you reach a small hallway with a torch, the wall crumbles and out pops
a Scavenger. Now you can go either left or right from here, it doesn't
really matter as they end out in the same place in the end. Although the
right passage has a trap to get by. (if you take the left passage, that is
the one that the Scavenger popped out of, you will pass another room on
your way to the room with the Big Green Crystals)
- In the next room there will be 2 more Scavengers.
- Near the Big Green Crystals will be a skeleton, who just happens to have a
- Take the passage to the West (this is where the Left passage came from) and
go into the little room on the right. Step on the little Plate here and a
Secret Door will open.
- Take the passage down. There will be a Scavenger here. Now you have two
more choices. There is the door that is in front of you, and one that
curves back behind you. (it's to the north)
- Take the north path. You will see a narrow path suspended over what appears
to be a bottomless pit with two giant axe traps to each side. Run down the
path to get to the Short Sword of Flame. The path will collapse behind you
and the Axes will start swinging. Getting out is the fun part! Walk to the
end of the ledge, wait for the right moment and jump back.
Hint: To use the Short Sword of Flame's fire attack use the Attack Alternate
button, which is either the middle mouse button, or '1' on the number
pad. But remember that you only get 5 of those! Also the Short Sword
of Flame works well as a torch.
- Go back to where you had the two choices of where to go.
- Go down the little passage, and hop down into the room. There will a couple
Scavengers in here (or more). There is also a Health Elixer here if you
want it. Where you want to go are the Two Big Blocks. Use them to get up
to a ledge.
- Go down the little passage. You will find two sleeping Scavengers here,
sneak up to them and kill them.
- Continue down the passage to the Cave Exit (which, again, you can't go back
- When you exit you will find two big Wartoks here. Also Arokh will fly down
from the high ledge.
Note: If you're wondering if you can go back to the Man and talk to him about
your newfound Sword, well you can't. Sorry.
Find the Grimstone Mines Part Two
- We're going to continue East along the River. Watch out for any Cannons,
Wartoks, Crow Dragons along the way. Make sure to check the bodies of any
Wartoks that you kill for Health Elixers.
- When you get close to the Gate Mine (well that's what it looks like on the
map) it will start to snow. Get off your Dragon and go towards the door.
It's locked and you need a key.
Find Key to Troll Caves
- Continue all the way east. There are a lot of Crow Dragons, and Cannons
along the way, so be extraordinarily careful. Go to the cave with the
banners, get off Arokh and go inside.
- There is a big Wartok with a shield near the entrance here.
- Continue down the passage, and slide down to the area with all the boxes.
Kill the Wartok here, and try to then sneak up on the other Big Wartoks with
Shields. Caution! One of those Wartoks is really really Big and really
really tough! Try pelting him with arrows.
- Go into their forge to pick up a Long Sword, and more arrows. And also
make sure to get the East Cave Key. Despite the name it's the key we are
after. (if you can manage it you might want to get these before fighting
- In the Big Fireplace you can also find a Mithril Long Sword.
- Go into the next room (with the barrels) and flip the switch, then run and
jump onto the elevator to get back onto the ledge. From there you merely
have to retrace your route out.
- Go back to the west to the Mines that we couldn't get into before. This
time unlock the door and go inside.
- There will be two Wartocks, one large, one not so much in here. Flip the
lever to open the giant door to let your Dragon in.
- Go back and get on Arokh, come inside and roast any Wartoks you can find.
- Unfortunately you can't go very far before a trap springs closing a gate
that forces you off Arokh, back on foot.
- Just past the gate is a VERY large chamber with a lake in the center, and
two Wartoks. Using your Mithril Long Sword, they shouldn't present much of
- Head right up to the passageway with a Steam Vent and a Cart by it. There
will also be another Large Shielded Wartok here.
- Go down the passage, kill the small Wartok and take his Scimitar.
- Run through the doorway, and then quickly jump (while you are in the dark
section) lest you fall into the trap.
- Go forward into the dark, then turn left and go down the ladder (use the
BACK command to go down ladders).
- You should now be above a torture chamber, there are 3 wartoks down there.
If you want, you could Sniper them with your Bow.
Hint: After you use arrows on anything, try to find all the arrows that you
shot, you will be able to collect quite a few of them.
- On the table here is a Health Elixer.
- The Corpse on the Rack has a Battle Axe, which you can take, stuck in him.
- There is another Health Elixer by those boxes to the north of the Rack.
- Once you're done down there, use the boxes to get back up the way we came
into the chamber, and go back up the ladder.
- From here run up a path on the other side of the passageway to get to the
area above. There will be two Wartoks here, one large, and one not. Kill
the big one to get a Potion of Life.
- Continue up this way until you get to where there is a Gate on the side of
the passage, and the passage still continues onward.
- Go right into the room, and further in to a nice little treasure chamber.
You will find a Fire Crystal and a Health Elixer on the shelf, some Magic
Arrows and a Heavy Bow on the boxes. Nice.
Note: Fire Crystals and any other type of Magic Crystals are used just like
weapons. Once you use a Crystal, it disappears.
Note: You can only equip 9 different weapons (although you can have more in
Hint: Don't use your nice Magic Arrows on normal enemies like Wartok's, save
them for faster prey, such as Crow Dragons. (you'll see!)
- Now that you've taken their stuff, the Gate has closed and a Wartok is in
there with you. Kill it, open the gate again, and go.
- Continue down the passageway again. You will come back to that large
chamber with the lake, but this time you are far above it. There is a very
large and mean Wartok on this bridge. Once you get to the other side, flip
the big switch to open the big gate to let in Arokh.
- Now you have to dive into the lake (careful where you dive, btw) go back to
the other side, and go get Arokh.
- Open up the gate with Rynn, then get back on Arokh and go through. Blast
the Wartoks in here. Careful, it is a tight fit!
- Go down the corridor. Eventually you will have to fly across a small
- Once past that continue down the canyon. You will shortly pop out into the
Outside world again, this time on the north end of the map.
Find the Grimstone Mines Part Three
- There will be two Crow Dragons flying around here. As long as you don't get
too close to them you can try to pick them off from a distance. Good luck!
- In the ruins nearest the Cave Exit are some Arrows.
- Go up to the ruins just to the north of the first ones to find a dying man
from your village. He says that there is a Secret Entrance to the Mines
that can only be reached by Dragon. Your map will also be updated to show
the Secret Entrance to the North East of your current position. There is
another Crow Dragon just to the east of here.
Find the Secret Entrance
- There's nothing at the other two ruins, although there are some Wartoks near
the Ruin to the East.
- You can check out the Entrance to the Mine to the SW, but you can't get in
that way, you have to go to the Secret Entrance that we so conveniently just
heard about! So go North East.
- You can find the secret entrance on a ledge on the right side of the water-
fall. Land there, get off Arokh and go inside.
3. The Wartok Mines
Inside the Mines
- Just inside the entrance there will be a Spider.
Hint: Just use your original Short Sword on the Spiders. It's quick, and it
only takes three hits to kill a spider with it.
- Head north along the passage, there will be a little tremor (don't worry, it
will pass!), and just after that you'll find another couple of Spiders.
- Continue down the windy passage.
- You will eventually (after a Spider or two of course) get to a large room
with a giant contraption. Neat looking, ain't it? We'll get back to it
- Continue on across the board over the ravine, and from there into the next
- When you come to the place where you can go 2 different ways, go left, then
left again. There are bunches of spiders here so be careful. There is a
small room with a big egg sac in the center that has a Great Sword and a
- Continue down this passage.
- In the next room you will find some arrows, and in the furthest room down
you will find a Health Elixer, an Invisibility Potion, and a Power Crystal.
- Continue down the little corridor again (it gets really tight in here!) and
there will be another tremor. Follow this passage back out the way we came
and then go back across the Ravine.
- Go up to the Machine again, and from the side facing away from the ravine
use the Power Crystal (that is, walk up to the Slot and press ENTER). The
machine will make a new door for you, go through it. (you have to go around
the right side of the machine)
Hint: Attacking Wartoks can get tricky, especially when taking on the very
large ones with the shields. First you want to use a Big Weapon (the
Greatsword will do nicely), and remember that the timing is completely
different with this weapon than with your Shortsword. Now what you want
to do is to attack them from behind, or while they are attacking (as
that is the time when their defenses are lowered). After you have done
your attack, you want to dodge around (use the Strafe side to side, and
backwards motions). Another idea is to try moving Left and Right and
slashing, but this idea takes better timing than it would appear.
- There are a lot of Wartoks here!
- From here go to the right, past the boxes and the Wartoks up to the passage.
There will be another Wartok here, a nasty guy with an Axe.
- Just past here will be the Main Entrance, and two more large Wartoks (only
one has a Shield, however).
- Flip the switch, and the door will open partway. Go outside, and QUICKLY
call Arokh. Very soon a Green Dragon will attack you, kill it and a Giant
Green Rune of Poison will appear. Fly into it and get it. (there is a
nifty little animation here) The Door will open back up and you can take
Hint: You can switch Dragon attacks the same way you switch Rynn's attacks.
Realize that the poison attack is a lingering one, and doesn't disipate
as quickly as a fire attack (which is gone as soon as it hits!). Don't
worry, you can't be hurt by your own poison.
- Go back inside, and go to the Ravine using Arokh to cross it.
- Go down the little passageway until you get to a point where there are two
ways that you could go. There will also be a Wartok here. (as you move
down this passageway you will notice that it pauses, and says "Loading" this
is because we have now entered the Mines Proper, check your map, it is now
the Mines map)
- Get off of Arokh here and go up the left path and through the door.
- You enter just in time to see 2 Wartoks torturing a prisoner to death. Seems
that they are looking for the "hider".
Find the Hider
- Go down the ladder to the left. There will be two Wartoks here.
- Flip the switch (if you flip it and the door is closed, go back and flip it
again) to open up the door that is down from the switch. Inside you will
find a Chain Mail, Worn Mace, 2 Health Elixers, and a Life Potion.
- Now go back to where you left Arokh, and go down the other path, which
should now be open. A Wartok w/Shield will be there waiting for you. You
could take him by yourself, or you could blast him with Arokh. Your choice.
Get back on Arokh and go into the new passage.
- There will be a bunch of Wartoks here, but they are no match for Arokh.
- Continue down the passage. You will see a miner working on a lode of the
Grimstone (that's what those big green crystals are). He is quite insane
because of the Grimstone and will attack you.
Grimstone Miner: These poor humans are so taken by the Grimstone that they
will attack you, their only hope for salvation. They are
slow and easy to attack. The easiest way to deal with them,
however, is to ignore them since they won't be very quick
to attack you.
- Turn left from the miner and continue down the passage. There is a Wartok
- A gate will close here and you'll have to leave Arokh here. Nuts. Go
through the gate as Rynn.
- You are now in a large mining area. Go left, and then follow the path
upwards as it curves back around. There will be two Wartoks up here. There
is also a Long Sword here, and if you smash the barrels you'll find a Health
- Use the Switch here to open the Gate to get Arokh back.
- At the north end of this Chamber (right from the Gate) is another little
door for Rynn to go through, so you didn't kepe Arokh that long! There are
a great many Wartoks through here, so you may want to use Arokh's attacks
through the door before you go in.
- Head down the passage. You will reach a cliff, follow the little path along
the cliff. There will be a Wartok here.
- There will be a suspension bridge, cross it.
- Continue along until you get to a very large chamber. There are, of course,
many nasty Wartoks here.
- Go to the far end of the chamber, and climb up the litle path. There will
be three sleeping Wartoks here (assuming you didn't already kill them).
Be very careful here, but one of the three barrels is not an explosive.
Find which one (it's more fat... if that makes sense) and smash it to reveal
a Fire Crystal.
- If you want, continue along the path, kill the Wartok back here to get its
- Run back to the front of this Mine Thing, and climb up the ladders. On the
third ladder, make sure that you are on the right side of it (that is, the
side facing the ledge).
- Now jump across from this ledge to the next ledge, careful to avoid the
- And from this ledge, jump across to the final ledge (don't bother going up
- Run down this little passage. Skip the room to the right, unless you need
a Scimitar, and go into the room to the left.
- As you enter, a boulder will be pushed down towards you. Run to the little
alcove to the left, and the boulder should pass you by. There is a Wartok
here. Go up to the left to the lighted area to find a large ledge
overlooking the mining operation, and a Switch. Flip it and a large
platform will be moved up.
- Head back out the passage to where you had to jump ledges while avoiding the
big traps. Jump across and this time go up the ladder.
Hint: If you want you can knock Wartoks off of ledges, instead of killing them
yourself. Simply get them near a ledge, and attack.
- There is a Wartok here and a miner. Ignore them, run across and jump onto
that platform that you raised, and from there to the next ledge.
- There is another Wartok here as well.
- Run along the path, and from there into the next passageway (try not to
fall down that bottomless pit, btw).
- When you get to the sign, turn right and go down the passage.
- At the next sign, you don't want to continue going upwards through the
passage, you want to go outside into the snow with the two Wartoks.
(but remember this place for later, it's the Crushing Room sign!)
- Run along the ledge (don't fall now!) and into the next room, and from there
into yet another passage.
- There is a Wartok in here. Go through this passage.
- It leads outside again to an area with a lot of Wartoks.
- Find the path leading to the higher ground, and from there find the doorway
to the next chamber.
- At the far end of this chamber are two barrels. Smash them to get some
Arrows. Go up the ladder.
- There is a Wartok here. From this chamber go west to the passage until you
get to a left-right fork in the passage.
- Take the left passage as far as it will go. There will be a few Wartoks in
here. At the far chamber smash the barrels, but avoid the Explosive hidden
in between the barrels, to get a Health Elixer. Also get the Magic Arrows
on the bench. There is also a long bow here if you need it.
- Go back to the fork and take the other passage.
- After going all the way down and killing the two Wartoks you will find quite
the little treasure trove. There is a Giant Slayer Sword, Scale Mail armor,
2 Health Elixer (in the barrels), and an Ice Crystal.
- Go back to the room with the ladder in it and this time take the pathway
that leads to the East.
- Head along this passageway until you get back outside, then follow the path
along the cliff.
- You will make it to another passageway to go down. This leads to a dark
room. Go inside. There will be a pedestal with the Crusher Room Key on it.
Take the key. (remember back to when we had a choice up going up a passage
at a sign, or going outside along a cliff... well that's where we're going!)
Also walk up to the Treasure Chests to get them to open to get two Health
- Go out of the room and you will be attacked by a Knight with Two Flaming
Knight: He has both a regular attack with his two flaming swords, and a magic
Flame attack. When he brings he swords up above his head, that means
magic, so get away from him quick. You can try using the Ice Crystal
on him, and your new sword the Giant Slayer.
- Once he's dead take his Flaming Sword. (it has a better attack than your
Short Sword of Flame, but has a much shorter Durability)
- Now we have to get way way back to where we had the option of going outside
or following a passage upwards to the Crushing Room, because now we have a
key for it! (it's actually not all that far back if you know where you're
- Once back at the sign, go up and fight off the two Wartoks here. Go out the
new door. There may be a Crow Dragon out here.
Crow Dragon without Arokh: Use your Bow and Magic Arrows, they'll seek right
to your prey!
- Head out across the path. Careful of the Wartoks here. You want to go all
the way south and into a new passage. If you see a big green thing that
looks like a portal, avoid it! You want to take the passage that heads east
to get Arokh back.
- Go all the way down the passage, and flip the lever to open the big door.
Go through and pick up Arokh and bring him back. Go back out of this
- Go to the big Gate thing in the center of the Area, get off your dragon and
open the door with your new key. Go inside.
- There are some Wartoks in here. (but when are there not?) There are 3
barrels, the middle one is an explosive. There are 2 Health Elixers in the
- Head down the passage until you reach the Crusher. There are a couple of
Waroks here, sneak up and kill them. The big Wartok should leave you a Life
- Find the big switch and flip it to turn the Crusher on.
- Now go to the far end of the chamber past the Crusher, and up the little
path to the ledge right by the Crusher.
- Now jump from crusher thing to crusher thing to get to the far ledge. You
may not get it on the first attempt, but don't worry, just so long as you
don't get crushed. On the last Crusher Thing, you can probably just run off
of it when it gets a little higher than the next ledge.
- Go down the passage a little ways until you get to an area where you get a
choice of a right path and a left path. There you will find a Scavenger.
- Go into the little room to the right to get 2 Health Elixers.
- Now take that path to the left. Another Scavenger will pop out of the wall
to the West. Inside its little hidey hole is a Mace of the Hand. (very nice
thing to have)
- Continue down the passage. There will be a section that you will have to
- There is a really big Grimstone here that looks like flakes are falling off
from it. Walk down a little ways and you will find the Hider. He explains
that you have to destroy the mines by destroying the Grimstone Generator.
And this is ok, because all the miners are insane anyway. Plus your brother
was taken elsewhere.
Destroy the Mines
- Go to the reverse side of the chamber, by going around the cliff ledge to
the side by the Green Barrier. Jump onto the close one of those platforms.
- Now turn the Side Crank three times so that your platform will be about on
the same level as the next platform. Now go to the Lever, and pull that,
and QUICKLY jump onto the next platform (this one is about to fall!)
- Here you only need to pull the lever and jump to the next one.
- On this platform you need to Turn the Crank about 4 times, then pull the
lever and jump to the next platform.
- This one is a little tricky. What we want to do is to pull the lever, and
then jump down to the ledge by the Barrier (which will drop when we throw
the switch). Do so.
- Go through the Hole that the Barrier was in and run up the passage. Careful
as some boulders will fall when a tremor hits. (if you stay to the left you
should be able to avoid them)
- Continue on and across the wooden ramp.
- From this ledge, turn right and jump onto the platform, and from that onto
the next ledge.
- Run up to the highest point on this ledge (it's closest to the wall) and
from there jump across to the next ledge.
- From this ledge jump onto the path-ledge to the southeast.
- Run up this path. Another tremor will hit and another boulder will fall
down. Continue onward until you exit the mines and meet back up with Arokh.
- Now fly down that large southern passage and into that very large portal.
(it had been blocked by a Green barrier...)
Hint: When flying into the large portals on Arokh, make sure that you are
centered on it vertically and horizontally. Otherwise you cannot get
- Fly a little farther and you are out!
Get the Sword of Ice
- In this little area are about 3 Crow Dragons. (there are more if you take
that little tunnel to the west)
- Go straight west. There are more Crow Dragons here. Fly as high as you can
and you will notice a cave to the south. Fly over there and land. There is
a Giant Wartok here.
Giant Wartok: Is a really mean bugger who likes to throw things at you. He
might even pick YOU up if you get too close to him! (or he'll
just crush you under his foot) If you are lucky enough to be on
Arokh at the time, he isn't any harder than a Cannon, but on
foot he is much harder. He is almost slow enough that you
can outrun him if you have to fight him face to face. Don't
bother wasting your arrows on him, as they have no effect. Use
your most powerful weapon, run up to him and attack, then get
away before he hits you with his very powerful attacks.
- Have Arokh land on the higher ledge by the small cave and send Rynn inside.
- There will be one Giant Wartok here, and an ornate entrance to another cave
which will be put on your map.
- Go into the cave.
- There you will see the Sword of Ice. Careful when getting it to avoid the
Ice attacks eminating from it.
- You can't go back the way we came, so go down the other path that heads to
the south. There will be TWO Giant Wartoks here.
- Go into the little cave to the West to get a Health Elixer and a Life Potion
and there is also some Ice Arrows and a Long Bow.
- Now run up that side ledge, and follow it along until it puts you on a
precipice just above the cave that we came in at. Slide down, and go back
into the cave.
- Now we are going to take Arokh into that larger cave.
- Go forward a ways, then have Arokh shoot a hole in the wall (there's a
little black section there...) and have Rynn go through.
- There will be about 5 Scavengers here. Continue through the passage which
now takes a turn to the left.
- A skeleton frozen on the wall has an Invisibility Potion. The other
skeleton here has an Ancient Long Sword (15/150 durability) and a Scale Mail
- Now just slide down from this ledge and get back on Arokh and go.
Find the Entrance to the Eastern Archipeligo
- Go back to where you started in this area.
- Fly South and West near that big Portal. It's sealed, so we have to land on
that nearby ledge and get off Arokh.
- Go in the door. Just inside you will find a Wartok. And behind those boxes
are some arrows.
- Continue down the passage. Smash the barrels to get a Health Elixer.
- Cross the bridge, and go into the next passage. There will be two Wartoks
in here. In between the boxes you will find some Arrows and a Heavy Bow.
- Go out of the passage and along the path. Be careful of that Giant Wartok
as it will throw anything it finds at you, including other Wartoks!!
- Now slide down to the lower level, and go down the path to the West.
- When you get the option, turn north. You will be on the other side of the
Big portal that we saw ealier that we couldn't get through. Just a little
to the west on a small ledge you will find a Floor Switch. Step on it to
let Arokh in. Careful, there is a Giant Wartok to the south who can throw
explosives at you.
- Go back south, and then along the path to the west. There will be a Crow
Dragon here, and a few Wartoks on the ground.
- Now go south again. There is a Cannon here and two Wartoks as well. And to
the west of this is yet another Cannon. There will also be a Dragon (?)
flying around here. (it's not a Crow Dragon, nor is it an Elder Dragon, is
it just a Dragon?)
- A little more west and we find another sealed portal. Just to the left of
the portal is a ledge with a switch. We can't land there yet, but we can
fry up all the Wartoks inside.
- A little to the east is a passage small enough for Rynn to fit through.
- Go through. You will see a Giant Wartok across the way. Turn right and
follow the little path along the cliff's edge. Follow that until you get
to a room with a ladder and a Wartok inside it. Smash the barrels in here
to get a Health Elixer and an Invisibility Potion.
- Climb down the ladder and you'll be in the ledge that we were shooting up
earlier. Walk out to the edge and flip the switch to open the portal.
Find the Banded Mail
- Go back up the ladder, and then exit the little room, but don't go anywhere
on the path. We're going to hop down off the ledge to a smaller ledge
below (this only works if you are all the way down the path! Plus it will
still hurt a little).
- From here slide down to the next little ledge (be sure that you actually
make the ledge, if you don't you could die!), and from there to the next
ledge until you get to the ground. There will probably be about two Wartoks
- Take the path that heads southerly until you get to some large Wartoks at
camp. Here you will find some Banded Mail, a Battle Hammer, and from the
Wartoks a Life Potion.
- Now go back to the main area, and head East. When the path diverges to the
north go up that way. (the east path heads up to a cliff over the Wartoks
camp... if you want an easier way to kill them you could try rolling those
boulders onto them, which isn't as easy as it sounds.)
- In this little area there are a couple of Wartoks and a Giant Wartok. Plus
near the boxes you can find some arrows.
- You can also open the gate here to get back out, but you can't get Arokh in.
- Go a little to the south, and go east through the path hidden by some trees.
- On top of a box you will find an Invulnerability potion.
- Now go out the Gate and onto Arokh.
Exit the Area
- As you come into the area, the game will take over and you get a little
cutscene with an old dragon friend, Myrock (?). He tells you that he has a
new master, and will never bond with a human again. And then he fights you.
Same Dragon Fighting rules apply, fly around trying not to get killed, while
- When he is good and dead you get another Dragon Rune of Ice.
Hint: The Ice attack is a little different from the others. It will freeze
your enemies, but it won't go that last step and kill them. For that
switch to the Fire attack and attack normally. They will then burst
- Once you're ready go through the next tunnel and into the next Area.
- Before you can do anything you get to watch a Cutscene which explains what
you have to do in this area. You know, find a wizard, and take his Rift
- This one isn't hard. Fly to the Northwest to the temple where the Wizard
is hiding. On the way are some Ice Dragons.
- Also about halfway up to the Northwest, you can land on the land there and
find some Goblins and some treasure. Smash a barrel there to get some Flame
Goblins: These buggers like to shoot you with arrows, and sometimes even
Flaming Arrows. Hit them with Arokh if you can, but avoid their
arrows! If you get close to them, they attack with their bayonets.
- Rimril explains that the Succubi are dirty liars and that they probably have
your brother taken captive. So you want to take his test to get the Rift
Crystal, but you need the Elemental Amulet to take the test, and to get the
Amulet you need the Bell Hammer. Great.
- There is a small cave hidden to the west here that leads to a beach, but
seems rather pointless.
Grimstone Towers: You will see these giant looking towers with a piece of
Grimstone at the top. Shoot the stone out with Arokh, or
they'll hit you with a lightning attack.
Get the Bell Hammer
- Go now to the south west corner of the map where the little icon is. On the
way you will encounter more Dragons and Towers, as well as some actual
Giants. (not Giant Wartoks, but actual Giants!)
Giants: These things behave almost exactly like their cousin the Giant Wartok,
but they have an unlimited supply of axes to throw at you. Your best
bet is to blast them from Arokh, but make sure to avoid those axes!
If you get in close they have a big Club to whack you with.
- Just to the north of the Map Icon that we are heading for you will find some
ruins. In one of the ruins is a Fire Crystal. You will also find some
Giant Mosquito's here. (this is still on the upper level, you know, the one
with the grass!)
Giant Mosquito: These things dive in to attack, but otherwise remain as far
from you as possible. Plus they attack so swiftly that you
barely have time to hit them. You may get lucky with your
sword, but you will likely have to shoot them with your Bow.
(use the normal arrows)
- Now fly down to the lower level to find the Doorway. Bring Arokh inside and
a new level should load up.
- Walk in a little ways and a Cutscene will take over as you talk to a Soul
Shadow. She was the guardian of this place when it was a city, and because
of a mistake is doomed to stay here forever as a soul shadow. She wants you
to bring her the Soul Crystal of her slain Dragon.
6. Ruins Of Alwarren
Retrieve Tuiri's Soul Crystal
- Fly further into the cave. There are some Wartoks and Cannons in here.
- When you get to the area just after the second cannon, there will be a cave
that goes northward. Go up that way to find a Wartok camp.
- At the camp, search around to find a Speed Scimitar. Although it
technically isn't any speedier than a normal Scimitar, it is still neat.
There are also some Health Elixers here.
- Now there is a new path that heads south, take that path. When you get to a
Lake, fly across it and land near the gate on the other side.
- You have to send Rynn in alone, at first. You will quickly find a Wartok
camp, kill the Wartoks and flip the switch. There is a Giant here. DO NOT
ATTACK until you go back and get Arokh.
- Now with Arokh go in and roast that Giant. Continue down the path through
the open gate.
- You will be at another underground lake. Have Rynn dive into the lake, and
go south and west to find the small cave with a Key. (Vykruta's Axe Key to
be more precise)
- Now get back on Arokh and take the south path down awhile. There are a few
Wartoks here, and it's a close situation, so be careful.
- On the next doorway you will find a Flame Crystal.
- You have to go in as Rynn. Kill the two Wartoks here, and be careful not to
fall into that oh-so-obvious trap pit there.
- Go into the next passage and all the way down it to the next room. There
will be 2 small Wartoks and one big one with a shield. Use the key that we
just got back at the lake on the small box to the right of the Portculis at
the opposite end of the chamber. Inside is Vykruta's Axe! Very nice.
(unfortunately its durability is 42/150...)
- Go back to the lake, and this time take the North Path. Follow this passage
East and Up past the waterfalls until you get to a walking path that heads
north and go up that.
- You will come up to a Gate guarded by some Goblins. Smash one of the
barrels to get a Life Potion.
- Flip the switch to open the Large Gate. Go through and kill that Giant that
is just standing there waiting for you.
- Walk down into the East Passage. You will have to get off Arokh and go in
on foot. Be careful in there, there are many dangerous enemies!
- Go down the passage. You will find some Goblins shooting Fire Arrows around
and actually hurting themselves in the process. Grab the Soul Crystal, and
you will be attacked by TWO knights this time. Fun.
- Go back to Arokh. The gate that you came in is now closed, and the other
one is open, so go out that way. There will be Goblins here shooting at you
with Fire Arrows and normal Arrows. Blast the Barrels to find a Health
- Continue down the passage until you get out. There will be a Giant, some
Wartoks, 2 cannons, and a Giant Mosquito here.
- Drop down into the pit, and take the passage to the south here.
- Fly back to where we first met the Soul Shadow (it's the skeleton by the
Gate by the Entrance of this cave) and walk up to the Skeleton. After a
little cutscene in which the Soul Shadow explains what you do now, she
Collect all 6 Magic Barrier Runes and Place in City Seal
- Go into the now open gate. There is a pedestal here, and in the center is
the first of the Magic Barrier Runes. Take it, and you will be attacked by
a Knight, but this one can attack you from a distance. Run up and attack
him, but then run back to near Arokh, and have the knight follow you. Arokh
will attack the knight making him much easier to beat!
- Go into the little passage to the West (with the skeleton), but don't slide
down the path yet. Look down. There is a Health Elixer there. If you get
it just right you can get it, but since it's only one Health Elixer you
probably don't need it.
- Slide down, and RUN! That path is about to fall taking you to your doom.
At the other end you will find a Scavenger and a barrel.
- Further down the passage, the floor is missing in places, but the rest of
the floor is stable, so just avoid falling in.
- As you exit the passage you will find an Armored Spider (well... that's what
it looks like!), kill it the same way you would a Scavenger.
- Continue going along the path, past the wall. Your map will be updated to
tell you that a Rune is nearby, but you can't get it from here just yet.
- Continue along the path past the Armored Spiders, and as the path curves to
the right go that way until you reach a Knight. There will be Chainmail
here as well.
- Head further into the passage, and again there will be a section with little
floor left. There are some Health Elixers here as well. Go past this area
by hopping from floor to floor. When you get past this small area, there
will be a Scavenger waiting for you.
- Just past the Scavenger are some Flaming Arrows. Go out of this passage.
- You are now at the Second Rune. But this one has flame all around it, so
we have to be a little clever. Just behind the circle of flame are some
ruins. Jump up onto the lowest ruin by the flames, and push the little
block there onto the flames. Go into the circle and take the Rune.
- Now just slide back down to the main path below.
- Instead of taking the path as it curves right, we're going to take the path
that goes due south. There will be lots of Goblins here.
- You should walk right to the next Rune. Near the fire circle is a large
stone block. Jump onto the small stone block, and from that one to the
large stone block, now jump into the circle to avoid the flames. Get the
third Rune. Now to get out, jump onto the pedestal, and from there jump
back to the large stone.
- There is a Life Potion hidden in the stone thing to the left (facing it from
the passage) of the south stairs.
- Now just to the north of the flame circle is a smaller passage, go inside
that. When you get to the ladders, go up them.
- Head east until you reach the Barrier (which is now on the floor). There is
a path to the left that leads to a Mithril Long Sword.
- Walk across the Barrier (don't worry, you'll be fine), and into the next
passageway. There will a couple of Goblins here.
- Finish going through the passage and then when you get to the small pit,
fall down it to get to the fourth Rune.
- Watch the Flame Circle carefully. Notice that one of the flames will go out
ever so briefly. Time it just right and run in to get the Fourth Rune.
- Head north through the next passage. When you exit it there will be some
Goblins, and you can see the Fifth Rune to the north of that. However,
don't just run over there. Take it slowly. You will have a small area that
you have to jump, or you might slide down to the lava below. Be careful!
- Cross the suspension bridge to get to the flame circle. Here you must
attack that water basin until the area fills with water putting out the
flames. Get the Fifth Rune.
- Go back to where we got the fourth Rune.
- To the south is a little Portculis that can only be opened from the other
side. Well... there's a Wartok in there, and if you wait, he'll open it for
you! Go inside.
- Follow the passage down until you find the next Flaming Circle.
- At the opposite end of the chamber is a staircase, and on that staircase is
a broken column. Push that column towards the Flaming Circle, and it will
knock the Rune off of the pedestal. Go out and grab it. Once you do that
a new Knight will appear.
- Go into the next passage and out to find the City Center where we get to
deposit all these Runes.
- Walk up to each pedestal and press ENTER to deposit a Rune there. Once all
are in place the Middle Gem will glow and the Barriers will drop.
- There are two ways to go about this now, One you can just go into the door
and into the City, or two, (if you want some treasure, like a Banded Mail,
you can go back to where we got the fifth Rune and follow the little walk-
- Go back to where we got the Fifth Rune.
- Follow the little path upwards and into the next passage. Careful this
passage ends with a steep drop. You should be able to see a ledge in the
center of the pit. You can make this jump, even if it looks bad.
- Once across you can get the Great Sword from the center of the skeleton.
(I don't think that he'll miss it!)
- Jump across to the next ledge and into the next passage. You will come up
to a place with a skeleton hanging who is wearing a Banded Mail. There are
also some Flaming Arrows near the barrels.
- Go into the next little (and dark) passage.
- There will be an Explosive here, stand back from it and shoot it with your
bow (regular arrows work fine). Go through.
- You will be back with Arokh here. Go into the city center now.
Find the Bellhammer of Alwarren
- After you doubt that the Giant could have lived in here for so long, he will
wake up and attack you. He throws giant axes, so you might want to avoid
those, and hit him with Arokhs attacks. He doesn't seem to be that much
tougher than a regular giant.
- Now get off of Arokh and walk to the pedestal to get the Bellhammer. The
ground will shake as a new Dragon Crystal has appeared.
- Get back on Arokh and get the Crystal of Lightning.
- There's only one way out of here, and that's the exit to the north (where
Arokh came in, by the First Rune). And from there you can leave this whole
7. Islands Revisited
Retrieve Elemental Amulet from Goblin Base
- On an island just north from Alwarren will be a little cave with a Goblin or
two in it. You will find some Explosive arrows here.
- On the southern tip of the peninsula just to the east of that island is yet
another cave. Inside is a treasure chest with an Ice Crystal and a Health
- Now fly up to near the Goblin Base in the Northwest corner of the map.
- A little ways to the south of the Base you can find a Speed Scimitar.
- Find the entrance to the Base, and go inside.
- There will be a ladder here, go down it. From here go west and down the
- Make your way east, and then jump across the platform. Don't worry, you can
make it. Don't stay out here too long, or you'll get pincushioned by all
the Goblins in here.
- Go into the passage. DANGER! As you go down, a giant spinning metal trap
will come out of the door behind you. Duck into the outlet on the right,
and immediately DUCK! Spikes will pop out to where your head just was.
Once the trap is going back to where it came from, roll out of there and
run out of the passage. There will be an armored spider here.
- You are now in a large room. There is a Goblin here. Also smash the barrel
to get a Health Elixer. Go into the next passage.
- As you get to the crossroads here, the portculis in front of you will close.
There is also a Goblin here. Go left.
- You will be in a room with lots of Casks and a couple goblins. There is a
Health Elixer on a box here too. Go up the next set of stairs, and then up
the next stairs as well.
- You will be in a room with 2 Goblins, and a Life Potion on a pedestal in the
center of the room. There is also a little weapons stand here with a
Mithril Long Sword, Great Sword, Battle Axe, and Battle Hammer. On the
right and left sides of the chamber are little alcoves. Go into these and
push in the switches (ENTER). A secret door will open. Go in. Pull the
lever, and go back down the stairs.
- Now when you had the choice of going up the stairs (to where we just were)
or going down some stairs, go down the new stairs to get to a large under-
- Go down the path to the left of you (from where you enter). When you get
down, swim across to the little island and go into the little cave. You
will find Sting and Gollum's Potion (invisibility). Just a little Hobbit
fun for you!
- Head back to the crossroads (where the portculis closed on you) and take the
other path now.
- When you get to the Statue, go right.
- In this room avoid the center of the room, or the ceiling will fall on you.
Kill the Goblin to get some arrows. Also get the Magic Arrows here and the
Speed Bow! Finally get the Goblin Access Key which is by the arrows.
- Flip the left switch to open the portculis. Go into that room.
- There are 2 Wartoks here. Smash the barrel to get a Fire Crystal. Go back
to the Statue Room.
- There is no point in going up the other path, so go back to the Crossroads.
- Use your key to open the Portculis and go into the new room.
- In here are many enemies, Goblins and Armored Spiders. Kill the Goblin who
is shooting Exploding Arrows at you to get some arrows. Smash the barrel
for a Health Elixer.
- Run into the next passage and into the next room. You will see a pedestal
with the Elemental Amulet on it, but you will also notice a trap above it.
Well, to the left of the pedestal (from where you entered) is a big column,
push that column over towards the pedestal, and it will knock that trap,
causing it to swing like a pendulum. Now run up and grab the Elemental
Amulet, but quickly run back away from the Poison. Also a skeleton here has
a Banded Mail on it.
- Run through the South passage into the next room. There are Goblins here.
Open the treasure chest for an invisibility potion. Smash the barrel for a
- Go up the next passage to a room with a fountain and a statue. Take a look
at the next passage. There is a box to the right of the passage, push it
so that it can fit into the passage (but as far left as it will go and still
fit into the passage), then push that through the passage. As you walk
through the passage, darts will be thrown out from the opposite end of the
passage, but with your box in front of you, you will be perfectly safe.
- Once you reach the end, duck out to the left and continue through the
passage until it ends. There will be some goblins here.
- Now you have to jump onto those swinging platforms. Fun. Jump when they
are about level and are swinging back towards you. When jumping from a
platform, try jumping when the edge you are on is as high as it goes.
- Once on the other side, kill the Goblins here, then run down and flip the
switch to retract the Spikes. Climb up the ladder. It exits you to the
south of the Goblin Base. Just above you on the ledge is a Speed Scimitar
if you haven't already gotten it.
Recover the Rift Crystal
- Head back to Rimril's Cathedral, and he will appear to tell you that you can
go into the Fortress to take the Rift Crystal, but that the place is pretty
Pass Tests of Flame Fortress
- Go inside and go straight ahead.
- On the forward portculis, use the Elemental Amulet to open it. (use it like
a normal key)
- You will be in a small passage. There are 3 candles to the left of you, 2
lit, one not. Go towards them and press ENTER. A secret door on the
opposite wall will open, go into it and the door will close behind you.
- Continue down this passage, until you get the option of going left or going
forward. Go left and down the stairs into a strange room with 3 statues
hidden behind Portculis'.
- Immediately to your right is a switch on the ground (there are 4 of these).
Step on it. Now go to the switch on the opposite corner of the room, and
step on that. Then from there go to the next raised switch, and from that
one to the last one. Now just go to each Portculis, and in front of them
will be Floor Switches, step on those to open the Portculis. You will get
a Fire Crystal, an Ice Crystal, and a Lightning Crystal.
- Go back out and continue down the passage. It leads back to the beginning
of the level.
- Now go forward down the passage, and up the stairs. You should hear some
"bubbling" noises, that means that there is lava here! Go forward through
the door and it will close behind you.
- This is where things get tricky. Run forward, and the blocks beneath you
will fall away, then you have to jump across to make it to the stairs.
- Slowly walk up the right side of the stairs, but when the stairs end, you
have to stop.
- Turn around and jump onto the ledge behind you.
- Now move as close to the wall as you can. There will be a small strip of
the ledge that extends outward, walk out onto that, and then use that to
jump to the next ledge.
- Go as far to the south as you can on this ledge, then jump across to the
next ledge to the south.
- From here jump onto the small ledge to the southwest, and then jump to the
final ledge to the southwest.
- Go up the stairs, this time on the left side. Be careful, this staircase
also ends the same way as the first. When you get to the top, jump to the
- From there jump to the last ledge and into the passage.
- As you go in the Portculis will shut, so you can't go back. The statue on
the left has a Life Potion.
- Go down the passage, and up the stairs until you get to a room that looks
like a Crusher. Time it right and go through. (hehe)
- As you exit the room another Portculis will close behind you.
- Go down the passage and into the next Trap Room, again the Portculis will
seal your progress. There's no turning back now!
- This room is doubly damned, there are crushers that come out from the sides
of the walls, and pits that lead to lava. This one is tricky and make take
several attempts. What you want to do is this, while the first crusher is
coming together, jump across. By the time you get over there it will have
opened. Quickly jump across to the next one too, and then from there you
have to jump across one last pit to exit the room.
- Here you have to jump onto the various blocks to avoid falling into the lava
(which is bad). Jump to the platform with the switch, and pull it. This
lowers the lava level.
- Now jump back to the first ledge. You will see (barely) that another ledge
has come out of the lava in the other direction, jump to it.
- Then jump to an even lower ledge to the north. From here you need to jump
to a ledge to the east to pull a lever to lower the lava again. Go back to
the other ledge.
- Now jump to the low ledge to the north, and from there jump west to get the
Mystic Key off of its pedestal. Jump back east.
- Continue jumping north until you reach the High Ledge there.
- Use your key, and then do a corner jump to get into the door.
- Run forward and up the stairs and through the door. Again the portculis
will close behind you.
- Go forward until you hear stone scrapings, the run back quickly, as the
ceiling is about to fall and create a little staircase for you. Convenient.
Go up the new stairs.
- In the new passage, go right. The statue there has a Mithril Great Sword.
Go down the passage.
- Run quickly to the opposite end of this chamber, the ceiling will come down.
Once it is all the way down, get onto it and go to the very center of the
floor. It will rise again, but you will be safe in the center. It takes
you to a new room.
Get the Rift Crystal
- Run over to the spiral stairs, and climb up them.
- Now there is a giant bell here, so use your Bell Hammer on it. Equip it
like a weapon (open up your inventory and double click it), and then go up
and "attack" the bell. It will drop to open up the thing below it.
- Go back down, and drop into that big Portal that has opened up to get to a
- Go forward, and swim across the little lake here.
- Continue down the passage and through the little door. It will close behind
you, and you will be attacked by two Knights.
- Get past them and go down the passage to find another Knight. Kill him and
continue on and into the next doorway.
- Go straight ahead and down the stairs. Flip the switch when you find it,
and continue forward.
- As you enter the next room, flame jets will fire up to prevent you from
going into certain rooms. They kill you if you touch them. To do this one
face the west passage, then move left and step onto the Floor Plate, then
strafe right and touch that floor plate, run back and hit that one, then
strafe left and get that one. Now run into the west passage and hit that
plate. Quickly run back out and into the east passage to hit that Floor
- Go north and up the stairs. Flip the switch you find here.
- Now go back to where we had the option of going forward, or turning right,
and this time go the other way. There will be a room with a Fire Crystal
on a pedestal, and a Health Elixer and Invisibilty Potion.
- Return to where we just were (with the switch).
- Go through the passage, and go out (ignore the stairs to the right). There
is a Knight here.
- Now go into the new north passage. You will have the choice of going either
left or right, go left.
- Continue all the way down the passage until you get to the Room of the Winds
(my name). The door will, of course, close behind you, and little cyclones
will appear. Don't let them touch you. There are 8 Floor Plates in here,
4 around the center of the room, and 4 in the corners. Touch one in the
Center, then get all 4 in the corners, finally finish off by getting the
last 3 in the center.
- Once the room is deactivated, go back and press all the switches again to
open a secret door. Go in to get a Mithril Hammer, and 2 Health Elixers.
- Head east, down the stairs, and through the passage. You will be in yet
another Crusher-type room. The skeleton in the center has a Mitrhil Great
Sword. Jump across to the other side. (hehe)
- Go all the way through this passage until you exit it. There will be a
Knight here. Go to the west to find a skeleton with a Mithril Axe in it.
- Go through the eastern passage to reach the Room of the Earth. Touch the
Floor Plate on one side of the room, and most of the floor will fall away.
Now hop to the Plate on the other side of the room to open the doors.
- Go through the passage to the south.
- Turn left and go down the passage until you get to the room where you hear
someone laugh at you. There are 8 Floor Plates in here, 4 along the outer
edge, and 4 in between that and the inner edge. Run along and press the 4
in the outer edge. Now what you want to do is to STAY in the outer edge,
but run up and hit the 4 inner plates. Don't go to the inner edge. Once
all 4 plates have been hit, the Portculis' in the center will open giving
you access to the treasure: 4 Health Elixers, and an Axe of the Order.
- Go back out, and head west into the next passage. There's a Knight here.
Go into the south passage.
- You will now be in the Room of Lightning. Run to each side of the room to
touch the Floor Plates to deactivate it. Continue south.
- Eventually there will be a fork in the path, go south. Step on the Floor
Plate here, and it will change the passage around.
- Run across to each side and press on the Floor Plates, then when they appear
go up the stairs. There are Explosive Arrows and a Speed Bow lying about,
and a Potion of Invulnerability in the chest. After that pull the lever.
- One of the Portculis' will have opened, go inside to get the Plate Mail!
(durability 23/100, you may want to keep your Banded Mail as backup) The
passages will have returned to normal as well.
- Head north, then west to the room with a Health Elixer on a pedestal. DO NOT
GET IT! It is trapped! If you get it, Spikes will fall on you.
- Head north again, and out of the passage. There will be some Knights here.
One of them drops Explosive Arrows.
- Go north along the edge of the pit until you get to the path that heads east
over the pit.
- Head east into the passage. There will be some Knights in here. Continue
through the passage.
- You can get the Life Potion if you want, continue on into the next room, but
don't go near the Rift Crystal yet. Especially avoid that Floor Plate near
it. Run into the left passage, up, and flip the switch twice. Now go back
and go up the other passage and flip that switch once. Go back down and
step on the plate and the Rift Crystal will be freed! Go get it and head
- Head down the passage and into the Portal.
Find a Way into Succubus Lair
- Walk forward, and you'll leave the Temple. As you exit you'll find Rimril
bleeding on the ground, he tells you that Succubi have taken Arokh, and of
course you have to free him.
- Head east along the path. You will eventually be attacked by Succubi.
Succubi: These nasty women will shoot a purple attack of doom at you. The
only way to beat them is to shoot them with your bow.
- You will have to slide down into the water eventually, and swim over to a
small Goblin camp. Smash the barrel there to get 2 Health Elixers.
Hint: If you see a Dragon flying around, don't attack it. (unless it attacks
you, that is)
- From the camp head east. You will see a large round cliff thing that has
a land bridge connected to it. Go there and there is a windy path that
leads up it. Go up that.
- As you go up the path, a Goblin will push a boulder at you, and a Giant may
throw explosives at you. Go across the bridge. Not only is there a Giant
here, but Giant Mosquito's will attack you as well.
- Continue along the path, and you will find three Goblins. They also have a
Life Potion with them.
- Keep going onward and upward, and then across the next bridge. You might be
able to see a ship sailing around...
- On the bridge will be a Knight. Kill him and get his Health Elixer. Keep
going onward. The path will wind downward, and then across another bridge
(which you get to cross with Goblins shooting at you!).
- The path ends at a beach with two Goblins waiting for you.
- Head East along the beach, and northeast to a small pit. A coffin will rise
out of the pit, and a Mummy Mage will pop out of it and attack you.
Mummy Mage: Is a mean bloke. He fires green missiles at you which can seek
you out. Also after you hit him he will vanish, and reappear
elsewhere. Make sure to know where he is at all times. He isn't
too hard to hit.
- Go into the coffin to get the Key. This is one of the hardest jumps in the
game. The best way that I found to do it is this: Get near the coffin, but
not right next to the ledge. Now turn around so that your back is facing
the coffin. Use the Right Mouse button to get yourself perfectly lined up
so that you will jump into the center of the coffin. Now SAVE IT, and back-
flip into the coffin. Then just grab the key (ENTER), and go.
- Go back west to where the two goblins were, then further west. You will see
a Portculis with a keyhole. Well we now have the key, so use it and go in.
Inside we will find the Energy Bow. This bow has arrows already equipped,
and it will last for about 50 shots. So you'll probably want to keep a
speed bow around for later.
- Wander down to the Goblins camp (there are 2 of them) to get some Explosive
Arrows. The barrel has nothing.
- Swim across the channel to the western ruins. There will be some Goblins
on the other side. (Surely you were expecting as much!)
- Follow the path around to the south and into the little cave. There are 2
Giants in here. You can go either way from here, just keep heading south.
- There will be a very large giant here with a very large Mace.
- Continue going south. There will be two Goblins shooting at you with their
Explosive arrows. Go all the way south to the wall, then turn and go
towards the cave. You may notice that the ship from earlier is docked here.
- Go in the Cave.
8. Succubus Lair
- Once in the cave keep going, until you can see a treasure chest to your left
inside you will find a Long Bow and some Magic Arrows.
- Go into the next chamber and kill the Succubi here.
- Continue to the next room, and a Succubus here will tell you that Queen
Shilla has Arokh near the docks, and that she'll gladly show you how to get
there if you retrieve her mirror.
Find Magic Mirror in Bathing Chamber
- The way forward is blocked, so head south along the chamber. You may be
able to make out the platform as it rises and lowers. Jump onto it and ride
it down. There will be a Knight here. Kill him and go north.
- You are now in a very large chamber with a Succubus and some Knights. In
the center of the room is a big rock. Climb to the top of the rock, and
jump off to the ledge. It will hurt a little. Run over to the skeleton to
get a Life Potion and the Sword of Resentment. The only problem with this
sword is that it takes your life whenever you attack with.
- From this ledge jump back to the Rock, and climb down. There is another
Knight down here, but he's no match for the Sword of Resentment! Smash the
barrel here to get a Life Potion, and behind it is a Heavy Bow and some
- Go east. Stop near the door, and the spikes will pop out. Wait for them to
go back in then go through. Several Armored Spiders will attack you in the
- As you enter the next chamber, Rynn will comment that it is "too quiet".
Just as she says that Armored Spiders drop from the ceiling and attack. A
LOT of Armored Spiders! Once they're dead you can continue on.
- In this little passage are two treasure chests, one has a Life Potion, and
the other has some poison arrows. Continue on.
- In this open area you will be beset upon by a duo of Succubus'. Blast them
with your Energy Bow and move on.
- This leads to the Baths. Head along the south path (it's to your left) and
down that until you get to a door. Go through.
- There are bunches of Scavengers here. Kill them. Nearby is a Chest and a
Key (no the key doesn't go to the chest!). Head further west. In the
second Room to the south you will find a Plate Mail and a Death Mace.
- Go to the third room, and use your key to open it. Let the Wartok run out,
follow him. He'll open the Chest we saw earlier. Now kill him and take
the things inside: a Health Elixer, an Invisibility Potion, and Magic Arrows
- Reverse course back to the baths. There are about 3 Mummy Mages here. Get
close enough to draw one of them off, but no closer. Kill that one, then
get close again, etc. If you still have Vykruta's Axe, use the Lightning
Attack. One of them has a Health Elixer.
- Go all the way west around the Baths, and into the little room. There is
a Pink Wartok here with a Grungle's Hammer. Also in the room is a Chest and
inside is the Succubus' Mirror.
Find Throne Room
- Head along the lake to the north back to the Spiked Door (well... it's
closed in any case!). As you get near it, it will open and a Knight will
- Go inside, and follow the passageway up to another Spiked Door, which also
opens. (no Knight this time)
- Turn right, and take the Moving Platform back up. You are now in the room
where we met up with the Succubus. Go to the center of the chamber, and
she'll reappear. She tells you to follow a bright shiny fairy thing to the
- The Fairy will zip ahead to the east and open the Spiked Door there. Follow
it through the door and down the passage. There will be a Succubus here
followed quickly by a Knight. Go through the next door.
- Continue through the passage until you get to a large chamber. The fairy
will be hovering near a doorway.
- You are now at a bit of a crossroads. Go right. There are bunches of
Succubi here. There will be a Knight along the path. Continue down the
path as it curves around and down. When you get to it, go through the door.
- There is a moving platform connecting the top ledge that you are on to the
bottom ledge that you want to get to.
- Head down the path to find a skeleton with 2 Health Elixers, an Invisibility
Potion, and a new Energy Bow. Now go back to the Platform. A Knight may
have followed you here.
- Go back to where we had the choice of going left or right, and go down the
other way. Just before you reach the door you will find, yes, another
Knight, this one has a Health Elixer.
- Go through the door and down the path. Go past the Spiked Door, and there
will be another Knight, who also has a Health Elixer.
- Go down to where the fairy is floating by. If you go in this door, you
will quickly discover that the next door in there is locked and you can't go
any further. Well continue down the path until you reach a second door and
go through that one.
- Well you will be locked inside by a mean Wartok. There are some Magic
Arrows and a Heavy Bow here. At the end of the room is a strange looking
floor. Crouch and hit it. (that's why we keep Atimar's Blade, you know!)
- Fall down, then go through the South Door. (the north door takes you back to
where we just were) Then go through the passage. There will be a Knight
- From the Knight head along a path to the North East to get to a skeleton
who has 2 Health Elixers, a Life Potion and the Cleaver. VERY NICE!
- Continue onward. Go to the Rising Platform and jump onto it. From there
jump onto the ledge. Go down this path until you reach the Door to the
Throne Room. There will be a Knight here. Go into the door.
- Go down the passage. It leads to a small room with a locked door and an
open door. Go through the open door. As you get out, you will see a Black
Knight at the far end of the chamber.
Black Knight: DO NOT ATTACK THESE FACE TO FACE!! Hit them with your Energy
Bow about a half dozen times.
- Go over to where you killed him to get the Mourn Bringer, a very nice sword.
You can safely toss Atimar's Blade away, as this blade is not only
Indestructable, but also Vampiric. (if you attack a creature, it gives you
Find Grimstone Shipping Docks
- Go north and a little cutscene will take over. You get to see that Arokh
is going to be shipped to some "Master". You better find that ship quick!
- Head out of the Throne Room back into that chamber where there was the
locked door. It ain't locked now. Go into it.
- Once you pop out of the passage, there will be a big nasty Giant here. You
must kill him to get those doors to the south to open. Once he's dead, and
the door is open, go through it.
- In this passage are some really big Scavengers. When you reach the boxes
there will be a door to the south for you to go through.
- You are now where you need to be.
- There are many small Wartoks here, as well as a normal giant. When you
first enter, take a sharp left into a small path, and follow that for awhile
to get some arrows. Then return all the way out.
- Now to get onto the ship, we need to curve around the water by going south.
You are now at the Docks themselves. There will be a Wartok here.
- Jump from the docks onto the small plank thing sticking out from the side of
- A cutscene will take over and take you to the next Level...
- After an amusing cutscene in which the Wartoks scurry off to avoid some
strange form of punishment, run up to Arokh. He tells you that you need to
go get the Rune Cage Key from Queen Shilla.
Retrieve Rune Cage Key from Queen Shilla
- Head to the West, and up to a little ledge. There is another Dark Knight
here, run up to him and show him the sharp end of the Mourn Bringer. When
he dies he leaves Dark Scimitars behind.
- Keep going upwards along the path. There are 2 Wartoks here with Great
Swords. Go into the passageway. There is another Dark Knight in the
- When you exit the passage you will be in a large open area, and staring down
a very large Scavenger.
King Scavenger: This is the biggest Scavenger of them all. He is so large
that he takes a great many hits, even with the Mourn Bringer.
So as soon as you sight him, peg him with arrows. It takes
around 20 or so to bring him down (normal arrows).
- Go across the path and into the next door.
- As you exit the passage a cutscene will take place. You get to see your
brother, but he isn't exactly happy to be there. Seems that he is going to
be possessed by a certain dark master. As the meeting ends, Shilla will
fly back out the passage.
- Before you chase after Shilla, there are some treasure chests to attend to,
they are located in the western end of the room and one has Magic Arrows and
3 Health Elixers, and the other has a Lightning Axe and a Life Potion.
- There is a passage to the south, but that's not where we're going. We're
going back up the ramp to the West. Follow the path around and up to the
passage that we came in through. Go through the passage to get back to the
bridge. Shilla is here, you both say some things, and then you fight.
Queen Shilla: Shilla can't shoot you, luckily, but she does fly around a lot,
and that means that you have to use your Energy Bow. She will
try to get above you and fall on you (complete with little fart
noises). Shoot her a bunch of times to kill her.
- Grab the Rune and get back to Arokh. As you run past the bridge, a new
Dragon Rune will appear.
- Go free Arokh and bring him back to the Lava Rune. After that a small
cutscene will ensue as Arokh tells you that you need to get the Rune Blade
to beat Navaros.
Find the Dragon Armor
- However, we need to get the Dragon Armor first.
- Before you can do much of anything you will be attacked by a Skeletal Dragon
a very tough enemey. Beat it like any other Dragon.
- Get off Arokh and go back to the Meeting Place with Rynn.
- Now go down the southern passage. Careful, there are several trap doors
here, but they trigger before you step on them, so just go slowly and you
will be fine.
- As you exit the passage you will see a couple giant blades spinning. What
we are going to do is to jump across the blades when they stop. When the
first one stops, jump onto it. You'll have to wait for it to stop AGAIN
before jumping to the next. Now while this one is moving, walk down to the
slender end of the blade. When they stop again, just jump onto the ledge.
- Move down the passage to find a Knight. Be careful of the exploding lava
chunks that will fly out of the ravine here.
- Now we have to jump across to the next ledge. Jump while the lava chunks
are at their peak.
- Now to make the next jump, stand near that big Blue Crystal, and run and
jump across. There is a Knight here. Kill him and get is Health Elixer.
- Go into the next door. There will be several Knights in here.
- Run down the passage, and then jump onto the ledge. There will be yet
another Knight here. He also has a Health Elixer. (and the Flaming Sword,
but they all have that)
- Jump onto the final ledge, and then go through the door.
- Here you will find a weird green looking platform. Jump onto it to get the
Dragon Armor Rune.
- Jump back to the ledge, and from there go to the next door. Be careful of
Spikes as you go down this passage. (hehe)
- This next room is by far one of the coolest in the game. Four Mummy Mages
will pop out of the ground. The best advice that I can give you for
fighting them off is to never ever stop moving. Run, dodge their skull
attacks, and their green bolts, and whack at them. Once they're all dead,
go to the Green Geyser (whatever) in the center of the room.
- You should now be up one level. Go down the passage.
- Once you are out of the passage, jump onto the moving platform to get back
to the spinning blade thingie. From the blade jump back to the ledge and
head back to the meeting area.
- When you get back there will be a trio of Mummy Mages Mucking around. Once
all are dead you get a Life Potion.
- Go back outside and retrieve Arokh.
- We're going to fly Arokh westward to the thing on the map that looks like a
big mouth. By the way, there are lots of Dragons, Towers, and Dark Knights
on the way. You can't get in the main entrance because of a force field
(like that's never happened!). So on the side of the cave are some small
entrances where Rynn can enter.
- Once inside, there are two Knights. Kill them and find the passage that
leads further inside (since there are two entrances, you don't want to go
through the door that just goes back outside).
- Go down that weird stream of green flecks to get to a ledge guarded by some
Mummy Mages. There is a lever here to lower the force field to let Arokh
in. He will fly right in so you don't have to go out and get him.
- Now get on Arokh, and fly to the west, and then down the river of lava.
There will be several Dragons down here. When you see the small ledge, land
on it, and have Rynn get off of Arokh.
- Walk up to the small pedestal to the left of the door and place the Rune
there. That will open up the door. Go inside.
- At the end of the chamber is a chest. Don't open it just yet. When you do
open it, two Mummy Mages will pop out of their little coffins. So to speed
things up, make space in your inventory for it before-hand, and de-equip
your weapon. Then open it, jump into the chest and get it (ENTER), quickly
hit 'i' and double click it, hit 'i' again and fight the Mummy Mages. Or
you could wait until they're dead before getting it. Either way.
- Return outside.
Find the Rune Blade
- Fly to the west and keep low. There are lots of Skeletal Dragons, and other
things like Dark Knights and regular Dragons. (well... Ebon Dragons) You
will find a really suspicious looking thing on the ground, it looks like a
dome and is all glowing, with lightning shooting out from it. That is the
Rift World down there.
- To the east of that (at the very lowest point) is a big Gate. Fly into it.
Just inside the entrance is a Dragon. There is also a Dark Knight up on
the ledge. Kill him to get an Invisibility Potion.
Hint: If you get close to a Dark Knight, they can't throw their lightning
spears at you. But if you back away again, they will get them back out.
The trick is to get close, but not too close!
- Continue up the Cave and you will see that the next Gate is sealed off.
- Fly to the ledge, and have Rynn get off of Arokh. There will be a rising
platform here, get on it.
- There are 2 Dark Knights up here, so as you are fighting off on of them, the
other will still be throwing the Lightning Spears at you. Fun.
- Jump down to the next ledge and deal with this Dark Knight.
- Go into the next door. You are on a high ledge, and below you is another
torture chamber with a Dark Knight and a Mummy Mage. You could just jump
down there and kill them. But you do have a bow. In any case you
eventually end out down there.
- The Dark Knight should have dropped a Rune Key. Take it, and go down the
path. There will be a Knight here.
- To your right you can see a door, don't go that way, continue down the path.
- On the boxes are some Health Elixers.
- Further down the path is a sealed door, use your key to get in. Inside are
a number of chests, as you open each one a Dark Knight will appear and
attack you. The treasure that you find is: An Invulnerability Potion, an
Energy Bow, a Lightning Crystal, and a Life Potion.
- Now go back to that door that we saw earlier and go through it. There is
an obligatory Dark Knight standing on the bridge here.
- Now we have to go down a VERY dark path to the right. Can't see it? Good!
- There is a Knight down below, kill him and get a Life Potion.
- Go all the way down this path to a lever. Pull the lever to break that seal
from earlier and let Arokh in.
- Get on Arokh and fly south. You will get to what appears to be a dead end
rather quickly. Drop altitude (R-CTRL) to drop into a pit. There will be
a Dragon here. Make sure to drop ALL the way down.
- There is another Dragon here. Go down the cavern. Fly down it until you
get to a large suspicous looking door. We aren't going in there yet, but
keep a note of it. Now turn right and fly up that Lavafall.
Find the Lava Rune
- We'll make our way out to a nice large room. It's so large that we may as
well be outside. There are some Dragons here. Fly up to the ledge with the
Door and land.
- Have Rynn get off of Arokh, and go into the door. There are 3 Dark Knights
- Go into the next passageway.
- Jump across to the next ledge. There is a Mummy Mage Casket here, you can
deal with it now or later, either way. In any case, jump onto the next
ledge and go through the door.
- When you exit there will be a Dark Knight. Here are some more giant
swinging blades for you to ride. Ride the first one over to where it meets
the second then, jump to the second, and ride that one up to the ledge.
- Run into the doorway, and down to a lever. Flip the lever.
- Now go back to where the Mummy Mage Casket was. (you don't have to ride the
Blades again, there is a moving platform you can take back down)
- Once the Mummy Mage is dealt with, get in the coffin and wait for it to take
you to the passage above. Run down to the Glowing Invisible Bridge. You
can't actually see the Bridge, but you can see the little Glow Spots that
fall on the Bridge.
- Cross the bridge.
- Run into the room, and the FIRST thing that you should see are a whole lot
of Mummy Mage Coffins! In the chest is the Lava Rune.
- Now get all the way back to that door I pointed out earlier.
Get the Rune Blade
- Go into the door and down the passage. You get to a large lava filled room
with a small pedestal. Land and go put the Rune in the Pedestal. The lava
will drain almost completely away.
- Get back on Arokh. Fly down to a small ledge just in front of you. There
is a small door that is VERY hard to see. Go inside.
- We are now in the Rune Blade Chamber! Yay! Too bad it is encased in a
Giant Block of Ice. There is a lever here, flip it thrice (three times).
The center will have moved placing that large Torch thing under a pillar of
- Go back out, and get on Arokh. Fly up to the hole that is right above the
torch, and have Arokh shoot a fire ball in. It's easiest if you aim with
the Right Mouse button. Once it is lit, send Rynn back inside.
- Go back to the lever, and pull it three more times.
- Now run around the room until you get to a giant Statue. On the back of the
Statue is a large green button, push it, and the Statue will fire a giant
arrow through the fire and into the ice, melting it.
- Now just go up there and get your Rune Blade! You just got the best weapon
in the game! Congratulations!
Enter the Rift
- Fly back to that weird Dome looking thing, and you will enter the Rift World
the last section of the game!
10. Rift World
Note: The map doesn't work here! You don't really need one in any case...
- You will be in a large chamber, and you are about to be attacked by 4 surly
Dragons, so you may want to get out of the way. Try to pick them off one
by one if you can.
- There's only once place to go, fly to the ledge and land on it. Then have
Rynn get off on foot. There is a Giant Door here (those round things are
not doors, so don't try flying into them), go through it.
- There will be another set of doors in front of you, but that is locked,
turn right and run down the passage. (save it before you hit the cutscene,
and not a quicksave, so that you can go back to it later if you die.)
- Pretty soon a Cutscene will take over, as Navaros takes possession of your
brother's body. Now you have to fight him.
Evil Delon: He may be slow to attack, but since most of his attacks kill you
instantly, it makes up for it. Heh. Hit him as fast as you can
with the Rune Blade, and dodge his attacks. Keep moving and
- Eventually the evil will be drawn out of Delon, but he will fall into the
Void, and a big nasty creature will pop out. Yes, this is Navaros, the
Last Bad Guy!
Navaros: Well well, he's a giant four headed dragon. Fun. Of course, you
want to avoid his Breath Attacks, and if you get in too close to him
he bites. Plus he only has one area vulnerable to attack, the
inside of his mouth! Heh! Unless you're feeling crazy, use the
regular breath attack (fire), because you can launch a lot of them
in the time you can get one lava breath off. Blow each head up to
- Congratulations, you have beaten Drakan: Order of the Flame. Now you get to
see the "ending". All 5 seconds of it.
This should be finished, but I may have missed something. If so, email me about
it! Also I didn't list things like "Worn Mace" since it is just a Mace with a
Note: Multiplayer games don't get all the weapons.
Here is a list of all the monsters in the game. I have put the names that I
used in the Walkthrough in parenthesis. I may put in some stats for the