By Al Giovetti
Section One (Inside the Castle):
- King's Bed Chamber Points: Open book on the nightstand. Interesting
- Queen's Bed Chamber Points: None. Interesting Things: Read diaries.
- Meeting Chamber Points: Look at bookshelf. Look at books - lower
bookshelf. Pull books. Pull tapestry on far right wall.
As PID, shift into bear, attack MacMorn with sword, then invoke
amulet. Interesting Things: None.
- Ballroom Points: Take goblet, bone. Interesting Things: Talk
to scullery maid several times( 5 or more).
- Throne Room Points: Look at Dragonsphere. Interesting Things: be
tough with MacMorn.
- Council Chamber Points: Take sword, shieldstone.
Interesting Things: Look at papers on table.
- Waystation Points: Talk to Shapechanger. Talk to Soptus.
Talk to Merchant, ask for fruit. Talk to Faerie. As PID, admit
you're a shapeshpchanger but you didn't do anything. point out
the Queen Mother's evil, ASK "Is there anything I could give you to
let me go?" Use Doll to heal guard captain.
-Jump into well. Interesting Things: Talk to merchant again, just to
chat. Jump down well as king.
- Bottom of Well Points: Take rare coin(This side of river). Shift into
seal. Gaze into crystal ball, invoke crystal. Take emerald.
- Stair Trap Points: Put statue on stairs. Interesting Things: Walk off
WITHOUT putting statue on stairs. -
- Darkness Beast Points: Read parchment. Interesting Things: Walk
by dog WITHOUT reading parchment.
- King's Chamber Points: Shift into bear, pull king. Give soul egg to
king. Interesting Things: None.
- Stairway Points: Push wall switch, wear crown( may have to do more
than once). Interesting Things: None.
SECTION TWO (Slathan, land of shapeshifters)
- Guard post and pool monster Points: Insist that you must get through
and choose "can I offer something" Give any object. When you
come back, talk to them before leaving Throw shieldstone at stone.
Take tenacles. As PID, offer to give guards something and choose
Soptus Soporfic ONLY. After you drink, use doll to heal yourself
(Make sure that you visit the Hermit's cave first.)
Interesting Things: Wise off to guards. Ignore the pool monster
and walk by. Try talking to various weird-looking rocks and trees.
- Wise Shifter Points: Talk to wise shifter and get polystone.
(If you do not get it, talk to him again). Interesting Things:
Talk to the shifter again after getting doll, go in again as PID.
- Green monster room Points: As the king, you cannot get by the monster.
As PID, use the doll to heal the monster. Interesting
- Shifter Village Points: Talk to woman. Interesting Things: None.
SECTION THREE ( Brynn-Fann, Land of faeries) - Entrance to maze Points:
Talk to faerie: Give a non-violent answers to each taunt
(Good day, I seek, May your).
- The maze Points: There is no 'maze' -- it is a maze of questions.
The fast method is to find Ralph when he is RED (Talk to Sprite
until you find Ralph) Ask permission to cross. Cross after asking
despite what he says. Interesting Things: Try crossing without
permission. Ask the various sprites to tell you things and figure
out the logic puzzle.
- Butterfly King Points: Answers to quiz questions:
Anyone, I don't know, Trouble, Callash, I won't like it.
Answers to second part: DO NOT choose "hostile race", "faeries",
"prejudiced". Find the crystal flower and take it. As PID, open
bottle of flies won from Caliph. Interesting Things: Try
to take the crown without the flies.
SECTION FOUR (The Desert)
- The trader in his lean-to Points: Talk to the trader. Answer first
question NO, second question YES. He gives directions to the
oasis in code. SHAB is north, FALLA is south, ECLIPTUS is west,
POPO is and example- TILSHUM SHAB FALLA FALLA POPO ECLIPTUS
equals - TRAVEL NORTH SOUTH SOUTH AND WEST Take a
bone if you do not have one. Interesting Things: Answer yes
to first question and follow these directions instead. Wander
aimlessly around the desert.
- Oasis Points: Talk to shaman and get yellow powerstone. As PID, talk
to shaman and give them a spirit bundle. If you have used yours
up on Llanie, you can make a new one -- Put feathers into bone and
then put magic into the 'partial bundle' with the vortex
stone(object 26). Interesting Things: Talk to guard to
get inside the tent. To go back home, head east out of oasis.
- Tent interior Points: None. Interesting Things: If you are effusive in
praise and not too eager to get down to business, you will get to
see the belly-dance and will have to win fewer games to get prizes.
- Gem Game Points: Play until you have won three prizes. As PID, come
back and win two more prizes. Interesting Things: None.
- Spirit Plane Points: None. Interesting Things: Walk off to the east.
- Floating Disks Points: Get to the other side. Follow the path on
the map, only mirror it. Interesting Things: Make a wrong
- Snakes Points: Use the shifter ring to turn into a snake and go
across. Interesting Things: Cross without shifting.
- Roc Points: Use vortex stone to take magic from grapes. Wait until the
roc has eaten the grapes and they don't reappear.
Throw the dates (Won as a prize from Caliph). Get the soul egg.
Put the black sphere(aquired in sorcerer's tower) in the nest.
Head off to the west. Interesting things: Try to take the soul egg