By Al Giovetti
Diskworld 2 Walkthrough
- First get your pouch out of the wardrobe.
After a visit at the arch chancellor we have to fetch
But first we wake up the luggage with the broom we found
in the closet.
Then we are giving the banana we found inside the luggage
to the librarian and are off to show the arch chancellor the book.
Now we have to find the five ingredients of a dragon-locator.
- - Staff:
Just exchange the broom with the magical staff from Windle
Poons. Be sure to wait for the moment he reaches over to fetch
some food, so that the staff is left unguarded.
- - Imp:
Now talk to the apprentice wizard outside, he shows you now
how to open the gate. (Take the frog with you, btw.)
Then head to the Livery Stable and take some corn out of the
sack. Next go to the Alley and visit the alchemist.
(Walk around the jumping floorplate)
There use the corn on the flask and you can get the imp out
of that camera.
But its much too fast for you, so we need some help.
Lets go to the market square, where we take a tomato. We throw this
tomato at the tax collector. If we take then another tomato, we
are able to catch a worm.
Now take the string at the Toymaker's, tie the worm to it and use
it at the hole where the imp is in.
- - Dragon Breath:
First enter the Palace. To bypass the guards just talk with them.
Inside get the mirror from the fools room.
Be sure to put the mirror in Rincewinds inventory. (Not in the luggage)
Then enter the Alley again, step on the jumping plate, and climb
up to the tower.
There hang the mirror on the tip of the flagpole and use it to
annoy the dragon.
On your way back to the alley, kick the ladder down.
- - Magic Coil:
Back at the square talk to the street urchin/starfish. He teaches
you how to pickpocket.
Now go to the barber and look at the hair roller the woman got in
her hair. Talk with her about it.
Then talk with the barber and when he thinks about his milkmaid use
your pickpocket-skill on his pocket.
- - Metal Container
Next visit the psychiatrickerist. If you do this two times, you can
get the butterfly net of the wall.
Now go to the backside of the university and use the ladder on the
window. First put the butterfly net in your private inventory.
Then fetch the pancake with the net.
If you go back to the kitchen you can take the frying pan now.
- Give the five items to the arch chancellor and then use the
detector to find the hidden dragon lair. It's somewhere in the
lower-left corner of the city.
- Our task is now to reveal the secret brotherhood, and to take a golden
trinket from each member.
- With all gold of the kingdom in our pockets we are visiting the
library again. There we talk with the sleazy guy about the golden
banana in his ear. In exchange to the gold, he gives us the banana.
We give the banana to the librarian and are able now to enter the
- After we arrived about 12h ago, we are watching the theft of the
dragon summoning book. Leave the university like the thief and
if you were fast enough you see where the thief is going! Congrats,
you've found the secret hide-out.
- Now go in the park, and put the frog in the mouth of the drunken
Rincewind. Then you are able to catch that butterfly with the net.
- Use this butterfly on the lamp in the street-corner (where the monk
usually stands). You may also take there the pot with you.
We travel now back in the present again, and we will find a black
robe on the clothesline near the toilet.
- Next we go in the Broken Drum and order something to drink. Take
the tankard with you.
- Behind the barman we see a bottle with counterwise wine. Talk with
the barman about this. Also take the glass with you.
- Travel now in the past again. There go immediately!! to the hide-out.
Turn the left drainpipe in the direction of the door.
Then wait until the thief arrives. Using the glass as reception-device
on the right drainpipe you are able to hear the secret password.
- Now disguise yourself with the robe and join the ceremony!
- You should know now the members of the brotherhood and the next
thing is to get their golden items.
- - Mason:
First we need the gatepass. So go in the present in the Broken Drum and
talk with the scared guy. Then visit the Inn and take the sheet from
the bed. Walk to the Inn in the past and disguise yourself as Ghost (with
the sheet) and make it like the scared guy told you before.
- Hmmm..It seems he forgot to tell us all, so back in the present and talk
with him again. Ah! Ok..back in past and do it again. Now we have
the gatepass. Show this to the gate-guards in the present and walk to the
Edge of World. There look at the coconuts and shake the tree. With the
butterfly net you can fetch the coconut.
- On your way back to the city stop at the mountain-pass. There get the
egg and the feather.
- Next go to the Barn and get the screwdriver. Use it to poke a hole
in the coconut.
- Visit the market square again and talk with the street starfish.
He will tell you the secret handshake if you prove you are a man.
Next we go to the psychiatrickerist. After a short while of waiting we
are allowed to go upstairs. There we got some pictures which are useful
to come past the palace-guards.
- Talk with the peasant inside the palace. Now you are allowed to enter
- On your way back to the past stop at the kitchen and get the cornflour.
- Then, in the past, go to the toilet and read the graffiti on the inner
side of the door. Next head to the shades and find the House of Negotiable
Affection. There talk to Big Sally and give her the egg, the flour and
- The new acquired bloomers are given to the street starfish (in the present),
who shows us the handshake now. We have now a new skill and a bra.
- Now we are ready to visit the mason in the shades.
Use your new skill on him and be happy about your new golden trowel.
- - Thief:
To get to the sleeping thief in the hovel, use the bra with the ladder.
- Now you can drop the ladder silently on the hovel. If you try to get
the key from the thief, he turns away...good that we've got a feather.
- Now its easy to get the golden key. (Don't forget your ladder!)
- - Dunnyman:
Get from Dibbler a donut, and give it to the dunnyman.
- Next visit the milkmaid again and get from her a note for the barber.
- After you have given the note to him, you are free to use the apperatus
on the poor Dunnyman.
- We've got the gold tooth now.
- - Fishmonger:
We have to go to the past again. There we go in the Drum and start a
bar-fight. To do this just look at the picture behind the little guy
and when he doesn't watch turn his glass around.
- After the troll joined the fun, use the ladder on the shingle outside
and get the drumstick.
- Use it in the present to ring the gong in the dinning-hall.
- Yet you are able to get the prunes outside the university.
- Now walk to Nanny Ogg's house in the Dark Woods. There arrived, fill
your pot with the custard of the cauldron.
- Then go to the fishmonger, tie there the octopus with the string, pour
the custard in the toilet and put the octopus in it.
- Send the fishmonger to the toilet by putting prunes in his caviar.
Now you can get his golden belt.
- - Fool:
First get a garbage can from the backside of the university.
- Then get the bubble bath from the inn. Next go to the Palace.
If you havn't done already show the second ink blot picture to the
other guard. Inside use the garbage can on the fool. To get his cap
use the bubble bath on his bath-tub.
Now you've got the cap with the golden bell.
- - Chimney Sweep:
Get the hogfather-doll from the Toymaker, the fireworks and gunpowder
keg from the crate at the city-gate and the matches from the Broken
- Put the doll in Rincewind's inventory and go the roofs of the alley
again. There stuff the doll in the chimney of the alchemist.
Go down in his house, put the powder keg in the fireplace, use the
string on it and light the fuse (outside, in the drainpipe) with the
- You've got the golden brush now.
- Give all six golden items to the dragon.
After a little talk with it go the market square again.
There buy the carpet from Nanny and when she wants a kiss just
steal her custard book.
- Now time-travel for the last time and get the dragon-summoning book
before the thief got it. Exchange the covers of the dragon book with
the custard book and put the false dragon book back in the empty place.
Then the thief will come and steal the book. Enjoy..8)
- We have to find now the items that make a hero.
- The Old Timers suggest that heros need a posing pouch, the Amazone
Warrior that we need a moustache and a magic sword, the wizards
favour a magic talisman and Big Sally advised camel-flage.
Now we get back to Nobby and solve his what-do-you-need-to-be-hero
riddle by doing a little math.
- We know now that we need a talisman, a moustache, a birthmark, a
magic spell, camel-flage and a magic sword.
- - Magic Talisman
First lets go to the Hide-out again and after knocking on the door
we are having a custard tart.
- Next we visit the alchemist. There we are telling him where to get
more corn. After he is gone we are taking the camera.
- And we go now to the Livery Stable to read the bumper sticker on the
donkey cart. We have now a new spot on the map to visit.
- At the dragon sanctuary we knock on the door and talk with Lady Ramkin.
After we had been behind her house we knock at the front door again.
- When she opens we just walk behind her house and take the rosette,
the leash and the nail.
- Next we are thirsty again and go buying a glass of Cactus Juice from
the barman of the Drum. Then we are the owner of a new worm.
Now we are buying the paper bag of leeches from Dibbler.
- A double-click on the paper bag reveals the leeches. Use the bag or the
leeches to knock-out the palace-guards.
- Inside the palace we will find the dungeons. There use the worm on the
mousehole. Undisguise the rat to get a new imp. Put this imp in your
camera. To continue we need also the octupus-picture that is in the
shop of the fishmonger.
- Next station is the house of Nanny Ogg, there we are talking with her
about that truth potion behind her. To get it we have to eat a bit from
the custard tart when she waits for a kiss.
- After this we follow her wool to finally find a sheep.
We stick the rosette on the sheep and make a nice photo.
- Don't forget the mallet when you leave.
Then head your steps in the Drum again, use the nail with the beam in
it and hang the picture of the sheep on it. You have to frame it before
by joining with the octopus-picture.
- Now talk with Braggart and be sure to mix his beer with the truth potion
before you give it to him. Now should know how to find the Temple of
- There you will meet that dreaded monk again..using the carpet on the
bridge should solve that problem.
In the temple take the blindfold, tie the leash on the luggage and
wear the blindfold.
- Then you should be at the Eye of Offler. To take it fill your pouch
with the sand and exchange it with the Eye. (Hiya Indy! 8)
Congrats, you got your first hero-item.
- - Moustache:
Fill the pot with the water of the well of wishing. The well is in the
woods. Next use the pot with the soap on tap in the inn.
- Now go to the palace. Use the paper bag or the leeches to enter
again. There take the brush out of the bathtub. Use the brush on the
pot with frothy water. Next visit the Livery Stable. There we use the
wet brush on the bumper bar of the donkey cart. Look at the clean
number plate (really look at it, right click!).
- Next enter the shades. Look in that hovel and get the knife out of it.
Put the knife in Rincewinds inventory.
- Now go back to the roofs and use the knife on the ladder of the assassin
- Soon we will met an assassin. He wants to know the number of that donkey
cart...well, we know it and say it to him.
- The responsible donkey will be arrested and you can found it at the
market square. But first go and take the scissors from the barber-shop.
Use them on the donkey-tail.
You've got a moustache now!
- - Birthmark:
Go in the palace-dungeons and fetch a bone from the skeleton.
- Use the bone with the glue-pot from the Toymaker. Next visit the
inn and give the dog the glued bone.
- Look at the taatoo from the sailor and then talk to him. If he asks
for a glass of milk, ask the innkeeper for one. If all went ok, you
will get a parrot-whistle.
- Next go to the market square and try to get an egg. You will get a
- Head for the University and get the fertiliser from the backside, then
enter the closet and light the lamp (You see it as "Shape") with the
matches. Get the starch.
- Use the starch and the fertiliser on the snake and exchange it again
with Windle Poons staff. With the broomhandle enlarge the butterfly net.
Now go to the room of the arch chancellor and get the hat.
- With these items walk to the Edge of World again.
There blow the whistle and throw a lit firecracker at the parrot.
- Catch the parrot with the enlarged butterfly net. Then go back to the
sailor. There we are told to fetch the whistle also, so we go back to
the Edge, get the lamp of the fork and put the magic hat on it.
(If it don't work look closer at the hat).
- Climb down the world and get that "glint".
Give the whistle the sailor, who tells you then to ask the barber about
- At the barber-shop get the appointment book and show it to the milkmaid.
(You must have been about three times in the "casting-agency" to get
- Walk out to the woods and show the appointment book with the ottograph
to the barber. Afterwards visit the barber in his shop and talk with him
about taatoos. He sends you to the street starfish. Talk with the
starfish and to get the taatoo you need to do some things.
- First use the knife on the rubber band of the Dunny/Custard-King machine.
- Next put that rubber band in your pocket and climb up the tower again.
There tie the band to flagpole tip and jump!
You have now a birthmark-taatoo.
- - Magic Spell:
Go back in the library. There can you now get a magic book, it's well
hidden so look in that edge where the sleazy guy used to stand.
- - Camel-flage:
Get the spatula from the kitchen and walk to the shades again.
- There use the spatula on the mural. You have now soot, which is a
perfect substitute for camel-flage.
- - Magic Sword:
Go the woods and use the screwdriver on the crank of the well.
- Use the crank on the racks in the dungeon and you will get a
sword-that-goes-ploink. Talk with carrot from the city-guard about
it and he will send you to the dwarves. (A new spot on the world-map)
- The dwarves want a glass of elderberry wine, so the next thing we
do is going to the Drum.
- The barman tells us that the wine-cellar is full of foxes. With this
knowledge we walk to the inn.
In the inn we notice a person behind the door, after a little talking
with it we use the screwdriver on the door.
- Now talk again with the bogeyman and he will go and scare the foxes.
Go also in the wine-cellar and fill your tankard with elderberry wine.
- Put that tankard in your personal inventory, and give it later to the
- Then give him your sword and he will enhance it.
- Leave the mine and find yourself in....
- Notice: This Act was a little buggy for me, so I am not quite sure
if I done it like the programmers expected. If you have installed
a patch, this solution perhaps won't fit quite. Try it.
- First get the key from the tied-up Lady Ramkin and visit her estate.
There unlock the dragon-cage and go in it. When you step in that
molten pile, don't let Rincewind turn around... just click a few times
forward and he will go through. Take the little Mambo with you back
to the market square. There (really there, it won't work elsewhere) put
him a lit firecracker in the throat. When you now leave the square and
come back, the showdown starts.
- Because our firing is not successful, we throw the tart with the love
custard at the dragon.
- THE END -
P.S. Nice game, really good.
Thomas Niederreiter: Munich, Germany
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
Last famous words: "Thank God!! A hobgoblin camp ahead!
Maybe they can heal our wounded!"
Jesus saves!...Passes to Moses...Shoots!...SCORES!!!
Diskworld 2 Walkthrough
Diskworld 2 Walkthrough
Read the Diskworld 2 Review by Al Giovetti