By Al Giovetti
Support The Computer Show and
get paid to surf the web. Click on this Big Bang ad!
Burn Cycle Walkthrough
Created by Jeffery E. LaBelle, firstname.lastname@example.org, 12/24/97.
- At opening panel, pick up the computer helmet. You can use the helmet to check the map of the area.
- Turn around and shoot the guard.
- Make your way to the outer edge of the pathways, shooting guards (there are about 6 to shoot).
- Walk up to the door, watch scene. Look at bomb in your inventory, arm it, and place it on the door.
- Go backward about 2 screens and wait. After door opens, go through it and click on girl. Get credit card and key.
- Walk to vehicle. Open door with key. Once inside click on the destination map on the left.
- Move map target to bottom right. Back out of the map scene and click on Power, then System, then VPT.
- When you are flying away, shoot at the meteors. Don't worry about bullets, as they are unlimited.
- After landing, click on the vehicle top to open vehicle. Click on the back vehicle panel and take out the defective part.
- Once outside, turn around and go forward. Click left, then go forward 2 clicks.
- Enter building with Star on top of doorway. Click 2 times and enter pod.
- Insert card. This puzzle requires you to move the spinning v's until they are in "harmonic convergence". Essentially, you move each one around until the heads of the v's all enter the center of the circle at the same time. It's pretty easy really.
- Once you complete this puzzle, leave the building.
- Make your way to the building with the pink web design on the front.
- Go up the stairs. You are placed at the bar. Turn right, go straight, turn left, go straight, straight, and make your way down to the game arena.
- Go to the credit card machine. Insert card, remove card.
- This game is a bit harder. Once the shapes start flying at you, don't worry, you won't be killed. . This is just the way to select which shape to choose. This part freaked me out at first. Don't just indiscriminately start clicking. This will make you lose the game. Just click on any image to begin with. Then keep watching for another shape which will help you eventually make a triangle (like wait to click on a shape that is three away from your first selected shape). Once you have two shapes selected, you have to wait for the last shape to appear that will make you a triangle. That is it.
- If you lose, just go to the credit card machine and play again. You'll get the hang of it.
- After you have won, a mechanical servant will appear. Insert your card in him. If he doesn't appear, you need to go to the first room with the bar and try to talk to the guy who is lounged at the far end (named Zip).
- Next, make you way to the first room and go to the bar. Pick the prize that says "netware" or something like that (I remember it being the 4th from the left). Resist the urge to take the porno tape, as it doesn't do anything.
- Turn and make your way to Zip in the far corner. Get in the booth with zip. Insert your card in the machine in the booth with a swinging arm. Look at the incoming mail.
- After the message plays click on the message that says custom software. You should find Zip's address. Exit the machine.
- Click on Zip. Give him the Netware prize. He will give you a decoder card and a strip of Band-Aids.
- Click on the Band-Aids in your inventory which will slow the virus.
- Get up. Walk forward. You will then enter a scene where you will be tossed a gun and required to shoot a couple of guys.
- After the shooting, the girl will give you a beeper.
- Be careful, because the hotel you need to get to next is kind of tricky to find. Go straight, left, straight (toward Memorex sign), straight, stop at car. Click beeper.
- After the scene, use the encryption algorithm. Insert the pink card into the device.
- Move the red arrows until you get to about the center of the screen. There will be a "1" in the top most circle. The code is 1965. Click on accessibility.
- Go to elevator. Click up, get off elevator. Go straight, straight, see scene, go right, straight.
- In room, make your way to the 3 switches at the back.
- Get close up of switches. There are 6 brown buttons on the right. Click the first button 7 times, click the 4th button 5 times, and the 6th button 11 times. This should open the door.
- Get the stuff.
- Turn around, move over to the panel to the right of the door. Don't open the door yet, or you will get shot.
- Open panel. Place green ball in panel. Smoke appears.
- This next visual puzzle is tricky and mostly annoying. You must click on the bottom arrow and move it with your cursor so that it aligns up with the top moving cursor. You will never make them meet, but when they are close, you will move forward. This puzzle offers nothing to the plot of the game, except for the annoying effect. You will be matching arrows for a couple of minutes at least.
- Once you are out, go back to see Zip. Give him the defective vehicle part, give him some cash, get new part.
- Once you are at the bottom of the building ramp, to get to your vehicle, go straight, straight (right of white box office windows, straight, left, straight.
- Click on the rear outside panel. Click Open. Insert part.
- Now is the hardest puzzle of the game. Might want to save game, not because you could die, but you will spend lots of time here, and once you know the trick, you can restore and complete the puzzle much quicker. It might take you several tries initially.
- You must bounce the light from the left port to all three other ports. This CAN be done with just one bouncer (the things you manipulate), but exact coordinates of positioning are almost impossible to give. First place two bouncers in the bottom right corner. Next, place the third bouncer about 1-1.5 inches to the left of center, and just a couple of millimeters down. You will have to experiment with it. This is hard, so don't worry. If it get to 100% damage, you will just get kicked out of the panel, and have to reclick on the panel to start the puzzle again. You lose nothing but time. I've done it with one bouncer, and all three, so try several ways if you get stuck.
- After you complete this puzzle, watch scene. Enter vehicle, set course for other map location. Shoot meteors (remember unlimited ammo, so blast away).
- When you land at Doc's, get out and walk forward. See scene with Gala.
- Click on door. Move orange decoder to door. Click on button.
- This next puzzle is easy. You must place a few of the angles on the left on the board so that when you click a colored number, the colored line goes to the black box on the right and reads 100%. In order to explain this in text, we will have to define some things. The angles on the left will be "angles 1-4" from top to bottom. The grid spaces will be labeled 1-25 beginning with 1 in the top left, and ending with 25 in the bottom right. Here we go. Place angle 2 in grid space 11, then click the Red number 1. The third black box on the far right will read 100% now. Place angle 3in grid 7. Click the blue 2. Place angle 3 in grid 3 and click blue 3. Place angle 2 in grid 19. Click red 4. Place angle 4 in grid 16, and angle 2 in grid 21. Press green 4.
- There! Door should open now. Go down and see scene. After scene click on the gray holoscope.
- Insert green ball from inventory. Backup one step.
- Click on blue screen to right. Tweak arrow buttons until you see the special image. See scene.
- Enter Doc's exam room, watch exam scene and transfer to Teleburst scene.
- After the Chris scene you have 3 choices.
- Click on Comport. Talk to cube which says you need 3 pieces of your missing code. It gives you a passcode 001122. Click out (means click on segmented arrow at bottom).
- Click Cortex. Move to blue door in front of you. Enter code. Says it's incorrect. Don't worry, you'll still get in later. See scene with Doc.
- Go back to Comport, talk to cube, Click out.
- Go to Nirvana and enter the brown maze-like you see floating. Go in and select every possible picture, but make sure you select Dealy's picture(the one that laughs). Click out.
- Return to Nirvana. Turn around. Go straight.
- Click on Buddah. This was where I stopped playing the game the first time. This puzzle completely baffled me. The second time, I found out the trick was to manipulate the blocks, then click on the top of the center post to see what leaf lights up in red. Then you click that leaf. If you put the blocks in right, you win, if not you die. I'd save your game here. Solution. Take all blocks off. Put medium block on bottom, and little block on top. Click post. Click leaf. Puzzle solved. Click out.
- Go to Comport. Talk to cube. Takes you to the Pulse. You need to keep clicking on the blob that moves around the pulse. After you destroy the blob, you get the first piece of your code.
- Go to Comport, talk to cube.
- Go to Cortex, see scene with Chris and see "third eye" on wall.
- Go to Nirvana and click on Buddah's forehead. You get the first piece of your code back.
- Go to Cortex. Watch scene with Chris and get last piece of code.
- Enter blue Cortex door. Move forward twice, watch scene with Vielli. Move forward twice. Save game.
- This last puzzle is a maze. You must move your little pointer on the right into the center without it hitting any of the brown or black dots. This isn't too hard. Just wait for the main path to be clear and move left. Take the second path down. Make your way right to left on the lower half of the maze. Come up to the centerline on the far left and make your way to the center of the maze. Once you are in, the burncycle virus is eradicated. Watch scene.
- In your new body, go forward, see mirror. Click on red bar located on post on left. This will move an automatic arm to get you and take you down into one of the center pits.
- Turn right 3 times, click on the box located on the bottom left of your view. You will then get elevated up to the main floor.
- Make your way to the white door you originally came in, but save your game before you enter it. Watch scene.
- You will have to be quick after you shoot Deely. Two agents will appear at the door you are looking at. Shoot them both.
- Click forward twice. Click on sign post closest to you. Watch scene. End of game.