By Al Giovetti
Ark of Time Walkthrough
- A Basic WalkThru - by Mary McBride
Note: This walk-thru is written from my notes, after playing the game just one time thru. I did *not* play it again to de-bug walk-thru (so I may
have missed a detail) or to see if a more efficient approach were possible, i.e., if more could be done at a location at one time. This walk-thru
reflects the way I played the game and the way I made discoveries, as I played.
- After talking to editor, leave office and (map screen) go to Carib Island. Talk to painter and get cup. Go Right to museum. Try to use cup with
fountain, tap can't be used without knob.
- Enter museum. In Gallery, notice the Pirates wall hangings and the compass set on East (with message about South wind). Go up stair's to
gunnery. Notice cloth in wall and the shield on wall that seems like it should turn. Go thru alcove to library. Open window (see car below) look
at ancient book and read letter in it. Return to painter and ask about Pirate.
- Go to Beach: See flat rock in lower left of screen, with crack in it and crab crawling around. Open bungalow door and examine jacket (piece
of cloth missing). Take the dirty mug and Mexican corn. Read Prof's note....about ancient tomb and church.
- Return to museum. Use corn with fountain tap. Use cup with fountain. Take clear water to Painter (she "owes you one."). Take dirty pot back.
- Go to boat pier: Talk to sailor (learn about brother Tobias and his hunt for pirate's treasure). Get professor's magnet. Return to museum. and
go to open library window. Use dirty water out window. Then use magnet on pirate compass (south) then go to gunnery. Turn shield on wall.
Pick up piece of cloth and then enter passage to hidden room.
- Hidden room: Pick up dagger. Take and read Columbus Manuscript. Open trunk with rags sticking out. Take Pirate's parchment.
- Go to pier and talk to sailor again. Show him manuscript and find out about his good luck crab. Bargain for trip.
- Go outside museum. Use dagger on gum tree. Use bungalow mug on resin. And get fresh water again for painter.
- Go to beach. Use resin on flat rock and then use crab bait. Walk away. (crab emerges and gets stuck). Pick up crab.
- Go to painter: use crab. Use pot of clean water. Use crab again. Give rum and get crab.
- Go to pier: Give crab to sailor and go diving.
- Go screen Left to "sub/ship". in lower right corner of ship, discover compartment. Take the black box.
- Go all the way to screen Right to see gate, portal and "machine" with slot for entry.
- Return to mooring rope. Use mooring rope to return to map. (You won't be coming back here until almost at the end of the game.)
- Return to London and use black box with your editor. Listen to the recording. Map now has church on it. Go to church.
- Go all the way to screen Right to find the cat and ladder and girl. Talk to her. Go back left and take leaky bucket.
- Go around behind church corner to Farm. Use cloth with resin cup. use sticky cloth with bucket. Use bucket with cow to get milk. Return to
cat and use milk on cat. Pick of cat. Use cat on broken window in church. (automatic scene) Use ladder.
- Take urn with ashes. Unbolt door. Take bolt. Look at confessional booth. "use" confessional booth. Use bolt on booth to pry it away from wall.
Enter secret passage.
- Notice rat that's lurking under stairway, near iron bars.
- Walk into the archeological dig "tunnel". Look at hieroglyphics on wall. Use urn/ashes on hieroglyphics (you may have to use a paper first).
Look at sculpted picture of Stonehenge. Look at sculpted head, like Easter Island. Look at alcove ..see bones, take medallion.
- Exit. Exit church (automatic scene of weather). return inside church and pick up "strange object" from window rubble.
- Exit to map.
- Map should now have Eastern Island and Stonehenge on it. But go back to your editor and give him the ash rubbings. He'll recognize dialect
and talk about Prince from Algiers. (puts it on map).
- Exit and go to Algier Desert.
- Talk to woman outside tent. Go to other, larger tent. Try talking to him (get kicked out). Go to fort. Talk to guard. Talk to prisoner. In this
conversation, you should find out abut Holy Man of mountain who could translate your hieroglyphics (puts cave on map) and he should also
give you a ring for his wife so she will help you.
- Go into Bazaar and talk to merchant (can't do much now). Go back to L (wife) and hive her ring. Enter the tent.
- Look at broken pot on floor. See hole in tent wall (caused by bullet). Exit and talk to L. She should tell you that a crash awoke her. Re-enter
tent and look at base of pole & "take" this hotspot to see bullet (should be able to line trajectory up with top of fort)
- Go back to other tent and try to talk to the guy. Exit and talk to wife again. Get food for prisoner,
- Re-enter fort. Notice locked door directly behind guard in the far wall. Give bread to prisoner. ask him how food was. He should give you
- Look at jeep tire marks. Enter building. Talk to holy man (find out that man with eye patch stole gem that protects tribe -- and that jeep took off
toward "village") Ask him to translate rubbings.
- This should tell you about "strange object" from church. Go to the door in the cave, Lev. locator works. Ask holy man about door. (He'll tell
you about sacred word to open door to cave of mysteries.)
- Exit cave and "use" tire tracks to follow thief to village. See jeep. Notice rusty hole in jeep, above front tire.
- Enter butcher shop. Notice little bottle and rat bait. Talk to shopkeeper .
- Go behind building to square and talk to one-eyed man. You can play the game as often as you want, but there is no reason to play until you
have ability to rig game in your favor.
- Return to butcher shop. Ask shop keeper about rat bait. He should let you take a croquette.
- Return to cave area and exit to map and select Easter Island.
- Talk to petty thief. It's Tobias, the sailor's brother. Ask about island. Then exit screen right to statues. Take shell necklace from the first statue.
go screen right (lower corner) to get to lighthouse. Take glass jar off milestone. Enter lighthouse. You can't do anything with broken light
right now. Return to statues and then take screen right path (higher up than lighthouse) to take path to Tobias's shack.
- Talk to Tobias. Get the island picture from him. Take rubber tubing near the petrol can. Show the "m" parchment to Tobias. Show him
rubbings paper...he'll tell you about batcave at end of path (off screen left). Go to path and cave.
- At cave, see termite hill and try to enter cave (too dark). Use rat croquette with empty jar (in inventory). Use bait/jar with termites. Take jar of
- Make way all the way back to airport and exit to map. Go to Stonehenge.
- See standing rocks and notice central rock. Nothing to do here now. Go To (upper screen left) to worker's hut. Talk to worker. Use lockpick
on hut door and enter. Take metal file from table and take plumb line from boxes in right corner. Exit back to map and return to Desert.
- Talk to wife and ask her if she knows magic word for cave door. (royalty knows it.)
- Ask guard why turret is closed. (locked door). Talk to prisoner and ask him if he knows the magic word for the cave of Mystery. He does, and
makes a deal to tell you if you save him.
- Create a snake by combining the rubber tubing, the plumb line and the shell necklace. use this fake snake on camel. Go into first tent and tell
man that his camel, bolted. he send you to Bazaar merchant. Go to Bazaar and deliver message. He leaves (but you still can't get past dog).
- Leave Bazaar and take dish of dog food from open cell -- do NOT feed this to dog until you can put drug in it.
- Go to (now) empty tent of man and take shoe. Notice rifle. Leave and go back to cave.
- Use metal file on "strange door" to get filings of the lev. metal.
- Exit to map and go to Carib Island.
- Talk to painter two times. Give her photo of Easter Island. Give her "M" parchment to use as canvass. Go to pier and tell sailor that you've
found Tobias. Exit and go back to Desert Cave
- Go to Village beyond the cave. Enter butcher shop. There should now be a piece of meat on dish on counter. Talk to butcher. You should
find out that this is a camel carcass. Use jar of termites on the hunk of meat. After shopkeeper faints, take narcotic powder and the rat bait.
- Go to Fort and use narcotic on dish of dog food. use on dog. Take small safe. Enter door and notice large safe. use chest -- it moves to reveal
a passage. Enter.
- Take the silencer from floor. Use wall-steps to go to roof. Take cartridge case. Take telescope lens. Use shoe from tent with footprints in the
- Return to fort area and talk to guard. You should be starting to tell him about evidence. But he still needs more proof. Exit to map.
- Return to the archeological dig below church and find rat -- either below stairs or all the way at the iron bars at right end of dirt floor. Use rat
bait on rat. Take the sleeping rat. (you won't need him for quite awhile!). Return to map and go to Easter Island.
- Go to Tobias' hut and give small safe to him "to crack" He tell you combo is 517. "use" safe and it should open. Get key inside. Return to
- Go to fort and use duplicate key on jeep which is once again parked by jail cells. Take contents of jeep -- drive belt and flares. With back
hatch open, you can now see license plate 517 - 462. (First number should be familiar). Enter Bazaar and hear two conspirators talking. Listen
to tale of death of cursed camel. Follow them to back door and "use" door to observe them and hear their plot and about their contract -- which
is in large safe. When they go down passage, go to large safe and use combo (462) to open. Just set each number by using dials. Take
- Go talk to guard. this conversation "gives" the guard the rifle (you can't do it directly). Then give him silencer. Then talk to him about plot and
then show him contract. You get key to free Prince (automatic scene). You get magic words of Open Sesame.
- Return to cave. and tell him sacred command. Go to inner cave and hear bout myth of gods fallen from sky. Notice mechanism, compartment
and hole. Exit and return to map. Go to Stonehenge.
- Go to construction yard (worker shack). Use drive belt (from jeep) with worker. (automatic scene) Once he's on the phone, you can click
anytime, while he's talking, which "releases" you to leave shack. You lever on tractor to lift stone. Enter underground room.
- Take strange green object off pedestal and take thin bronze tube and take cracked crystal from center altar . You can now combine tube with
cartridge case to create a make-shift blow pipe. Return to yard and then to map. Go to Easter Island
- Go to lighthouse and enter. Use flares (from jeep) in lamp holder. Turn handle to shine light on cave. -- but now air balloon block light from
reaching cave. Exit back to map and go to Carib Island.
- Get completed picture from painter. Take this fake treasure map back to Tobias at his shack.
- Give fake treasure map to Tobias (automatic scene). Enter hut. Take chrome paint can and car jack and shard of glass that's in broken window
over washing machine. Leave hut and use gas burner on balloon to deflate it. Go to bat cave.
- Enter bat cave (now lit by lighthouse). See graffiti, fountain and stone head carved in cave. Notice small hole inside mouth of head.
- Use rubber tube with fountain, to divert stream of water, and enter secret passage. Pick up ancient parchment, use car jack with tombstone.
- Return to head statues and talk to digging Tobias. Exit to map and go to Desert
- Return to the inner cave and use Magnetium object (from Stonehenge underground) on hole in mechanism. Doesn't power up. Holy man
should tell you about sacred gem that was stolen, again.
Go to Village
- Use telescope lens on rusty hole in jeep to start burn-through to tire. Go around to square and start to play game with crook. (automatic
scene). Take mother-of-pearl snuff box under middle cup -- you can't take the wooden boxes under other cups. With box in inventory, use
lev. filings with it. use this with dirty cup on table to return it to position. Crook should return.
- Ask to play (automatic scene....keep playing) He gives you gem.
- Return to inner cave and give gem to holy man (automatic scene) Mechanism is now powered up. "use" helmet to see transmission from
medallion that is *already* in the compartment. (don't worry about instructions for reading other medallions, all you'll have to do is insert them
and use the helmet).
- Open compartment and remove the medallion (that was already there, that you just heard) and insert medallion from Batcave. Use helmet.
After this transmission, use parchment from her tomb and you should "see" coordinates that put Yucatan on map.
- Open compartment and remove this medallion and insert medallion from Church. This gives you instructions on how to recharge to Lev.
finder at Stonehenge-- (Lev finder on center stone, put crystal cube on finder and when Red color, it's charged...take finder away.) Exit to
map and go to Yucatan.
- Look at sunbleached rock and at plants. Go off screen R to Mystic's hut. Look at marks on stone idol outside hut -- these are a musical score.
- Talk to Mystic..."come back with precise question"
- Go back to forest and exit screen left ("above" rock) to Pyramid. See boa constrictor by Mayan Head. Go to (chamber) door "behind" Mayan
head ...see 4 buttons and push them to learn that they control movement:
left up right down
- Return to Mystic's hut and talk to him about what you have discovered. He tells you secret for entering pyramid: you need a snake, a yellow
flower of sun, egg of bird and bone of animal cursed by man (this last item should remind you of your desert carrying-ons)
- Return to pyramid and approach boa. Use sleeping rat on it. Take snake. Go around behind (left corner) or pyramid and see nest us by top of
pyramid. Use make-shift blow pipe (bronze tube combined with cartridge case) with nest. Examine fallen nest and take egg. Return to forest
- Use chrome spray with shard of glass (from Tobias' cabin) to make mirror. Use mirror on sun-drenched rock to turn flower yellow with sun.
Pick the flower. Return to mystic with snake, egg and flower. Exit to map and go to Butcher shop in Desert Village.
- Talk to butcher. Look at thigh bone. Talk to butcher again and buy the bone. Take bone. Return to Yucatan.
- Go to mystic and give him gone. (automatic). Talk to mystic when he finishes (you now have musical pipe in your inventory). use pipe with
Marks on Idol to play the pipe.
- Go to snake room in pyramid and move mechanism ..up, up, right, up, up, down, up. this opens back door of pyramid. Exit and go around to
now, opened, door. See painting of medallion being thrown into water. Return and ask mystic about drawing (automatic) Exit on path to Lake
that now appears. You can't get past croc.
- Easter Island: go back to digging Tobias and talk to him. (automatic scene).
- Carib Island: go back to sailor on pier and tell him Tobias found treasure. He leaves. Take metal net and return to small lake in Yucatan.
- Use metal net with croc. Notice stone idol by lake -- and the way the faces are facing. Go tell mystic that you have trapped croc. Enter his hut.
Open his "coffer" trunk, see and take the 8 stone faces. Return to back of pyramid and enter inner chamber.
- Place faces in 4-square tile openings, on either side of door, to match to stone idol.
1. top is two smiles, facing inward toward each other and bottom is two frowns, facing outward
2. top is two frowns, facing outward and bottom is two smiles, facing inward toward each other.
- This opens door at top of stairs in the front of the pyramid. Go to it. See heads/masks along the wall. Notice that touching crystal in mouth
changes its color. Nothing you can do now.
- Return and talk to mystic. Ask him about his swim, he will give you medallion. Ask about crystals. Exit to map and go to desert cave of holy
- Take medallion to reader mechanism. Use in compartment. Use helmet.
- This transmission tells you that to enter *his* tomb, you need lev finder, fully charged and you need to solve the logic problem of the colored
crystals in heads on walls. After transmission, remove medallion from mechanism. If you click on it in inventory, he will repeat the logic rules.
- Return to pyramid mask room and set crystals in head/masks:
- Head Black Blue Red Green Yellow
- Crystals Blue Red Green Black Yellow
- Enter tomb and take (uncracked) crystal cube from altar. Exit and return to map and go to Stonehenge.
- Go to central rock. Put lev. finder on central rock. Use crystal cube on it. Click on this stuff, to pick it up, when color shown is yellow (with the
delay , this will really pick it up when color is red). Inventory should say "recharged lev. finder" Return to tomb in pyramid. Use charged lev.
finder with octagon-hole in tomb. Inside tomb, pick up dolphin disk. Exit and go to map and go to Carib. Island.
- Go to pier, sailor should be back. Talk to him. After he tells you story, ask him to take you out to ocean again.
- At bottom of ocean, go screen right to gate. Use dolphin disk in portal lock Enter (automatic)
- See broken control panel near door. Try to open door -- dialog with occupant.
- Open drawers in large file cabinet. Then use file cabinet to climb to pipes. Walk to air vent on right, and use your press pass on vent. Return
to door and talk to Helen.
- Go down hall on screen left to elevator room. Read journal near skeleton. Use button to go down. Notice 3 locked doors to screen right, with
colored disks above each. Also notice canister mechanism to screen left. Take elevator up and up again -- to prison room. (automatic scene)
He should give you key to filing cabinet that holds instruction to canister mechanism on lower floor.
- Ask prof how to free him ..you should hear about "they have key" and "need something to knock them out from far away." Go to air vent and
Use it, to overhear their conversation.
- Return to Helen. Use key (from prof) to open drawer in small cabinet to get instructions. Look at them. The white one is the general
instructions and each color is the code for that colored/disk door. Return to mechanism on lower floor.
- Buttons under canister send contents of above canister to the canister of that (button's ) color.
- Red: White fills Red canister (only when all are empty) with 8 units
- Green sends liquid to Green (up to 5 units)
- Blue sends liquid to Blue (up to 3 units)
- Green: Red sends liquid to Red
- Black empties Green canister
- Blue sends liquid to Blue (up to 3 units)
- Blue: Red sends liquid to Blue
- Green sends liquid to Green canister
- Black empties Blue canister.
- Blue Door: Code of Red/0 Green/3 Blue/3
- Fill Red (white button). Send Red to Green. Send Green to Blue & empty green. Send red to Green.
- Go to room and take water. Use control to open airlock door. Exit room.
- Red Door: Code of Red/0 Green/2 Blue/2
- Fill Red. send red to green. Send red to blue. Send green to red. Send blue to green. Send red to blue. Send blue to green. empty blue. send
green to blue. empty blue. send red to blue.
- Go to room. See empty frig, take container of white powered lime. Take alcohol. See beaker and beaker valve and thermal heating device.
- Green Door: Code of Red/0 Green/1 Blue/1
- Fill red. Send Red to Green. Send Red to blue. Send green to red. send blue to green. send red to blue. Send blue to green. send green to
red. send blue to green. send red to blue send blue to green, send green to blue. empty blue. send red to blue. empty blue . send red to blue.
- Go to room. see pumps schematic and notice pipe with rubber valve. This pipe is liquid chlorine. Use empty syringe with rubber valve to get
syringe full of chlorine.
- Return to professor and show him chlorine, syringe, bottle of alcohol, lime bottle and distilled water. He tells you that you have makings of
- Put water, lime and chlorine in beaker and boil. (you get salts of lime chloride)
- Dissolve these salts in alcohol.
- Use water, lime and chlorine with beaker. Use thermal device. Look at beaker. This is lime chloride. Use empty jar with beaker valve. Use
valve. Use alcohol with jar of lime chloride. You now should have jar of chloroform.
- Go back to professor and talk to him. Use jar of chloroform with air vent outside the control room (automatic) Use door lever and then enter
room. Take small key on wall on right. Return to prof and use key on handcuffs. (automatic) Go back into control room and open small doors
on each side of control desk. Take small weight from door on left to disable gyroscope.
- Go to decompression chamber and discover the lever dilemma.
- Use plumb line with water container. Go to lab room. Put container in refrig. Close door and then open door. Take frozen container back to
decompression chamber. Use frozen container on control lever. Use small weight on this set-up.
Rest is automatic...