By Al Giovetti
ALIEN ODYSSEY (C) Philips/Argonaut Walkthrough
3D sections walkthru by BONeHeAD // tRX
1. Comms Bunker.
A, drop down.
- Shoot the fan. A.
- Shoot the creature on the other side. Jump over the another fan.
Beware of the acid slime on the floor.
- Kill lizard behind the bars. Use console. Click on the red line
near your position, then click on >< sign. The bars move away.
- Shoot the machine console until it goes critical and explodes. Down.
- Shoot the creature, A.
- Kill droid guard. If you didn't lose too much health until now, you may
ignore the elevator.
- A, kill flying incapacitator drone. Jump over the acid, A.
- When you have a choice of 2 doors, select the left one. Kill droid,
take his hand.
- Return to that elevator 3 screens back. Use it.
- Shoot barrels. Use terminal. Click on lower option, then on >< -
your laser is now more powerful. If you need to refresh your health
visit the room behind barrels.
- Return to the place with 2 doors, take right door now. Kill droid,
use terminal - you should see a small slot opening in the rock.
- Exit and to the left door again. Shoot the device. Go to the opened door
ahead. Use elevator.
- In big hall slash 2 droids. Use terminal. First click on the red blinking
spanner sign, then on lightbridge sign. As usual, confirm your selections
with a press of a >< button.
- Go over the lightbridge. Go to yellow door.
- Run thru the beams and pick up the musical key and cartridge. Run back.
- Use musical key on door. Now you have only one cartridge so the code is
simple. (You can hear the codes as you activate the key; use cartridges
to repeat them.)
- Use terminal. Enter middle menu and click the big button under it. The
light in the room on the screen goes up.
- Exit to the hall. Go to the 2nd elevator. Use it.
- A, use musical key on nearest door. Kill droid, take 2nd cartridge.
Exit and use elevator.
- Go to the broken bridge. Slide down. A, kill flying drones, use elevator.
Use musical key.
- Run A. Use elevator. A, until you get to the huge room with a laser
- A, enter the door on the other side of this room.
- A, A, R, kill droids on your way. Collect a hand and another cartridge.
Use terminal on the right side of the corridor to make your gun more
powerful. There is a tram room farther, but it's unaccessible now
because of a forcefield.
- 1 screen back, use musical key on door. There are three consoles - you
must switch all 3 on simultaneously. The trick is that they switch
themselves off after a short time and they are pretty far away from
- When you are successful, go A to the tram. Prepare to kill a droid inside.
- When you arrive to the control room, shoot droid and use terminal.
Switch everything on. You should see that 1) the laser goes off, 2)
the lens cover opens, and 3) the stream of energy starts flowing
from one terminal to some other. Use tram again.
- Return to the room with the laser. Use elevator, kill droid. A, crouch
and shoot the lens. Get down and go to the other door (where you came
- In the corridor with 3 turrets use terminal (near the door). Close the
lens cover and activate the laser - it goes critical. Now run outta
here and fast!
- Return to the big hall, climb up the broken bridge. Use 2nd elevator.
Go to the nearest door and use terminal to open the yellow door
on the left. Proceed to this door.
- Shoot this huge sentry droid. Now run all the way A thru the big doors.
Shoot the car coming at you - it breaks the door to freedom!
COMMS BUNKER FINISHED!
2. The Armoury.
- A, thru the door. Kill droid in the distance, visit the door where he
was hanging out.
- In the room with 4 doors and a blue column in the center
kill droid, take the left bridge. Shoot 2 droids in the round hall,
go thru the right door.
- Slain the droid in the pit room. He loses his hand and it falls down
the pit. Exit to the round hall and take the left door.
- Kill droid and incapacitator drone. Don't try to kill the second
drone that flies around, I think it's impossible, just jump over into the
entry while he's out.
- Use console in the center of the room. Mix the chemicals from the lowest
left and middle right pipes. The mixture brings up the droid's hand.
Visit the pit again and pick it up.
- In the round hall use elevator. Kill droid, proceed to the left door.
Kill droid and 2 drones (or you may leave the drones). Use terminal,
click on bridge, click on >< to move it.
- Walk over. Use lift, quickly jump over the mine on it. A, shoot the senrty,
enter the door. Slash another droid and 2 flying bastards. To the door.
- Quickly run from the turret fire and enter the first door on the
right. Slash droid, use terminal to make your laser more powerful.
Ignore the elevator for now.
- Exit the same door and shoot the turret (it won't fire now). Proceed
- Kill droid, proceed A. Kill droid, take his cartridge. A, to the
corridor, L to the room with the elevator. Use it. Exit the door.
Use elevator A to get to the round hall.
- Make your way back to the huge machine room (second on this level).
Run to the opposite side and enter the second door. Kill droid. After
the stones fall shoot them. Enter.
- In the mine kill 2 droids, use large elevator.
- A, all the way, recharge if you need.
- Ignore the door now. Approach the transporter tape and step onto the
elevator on the right. Step onto the transporter. Run A, kill or ignore
the droid. You should run under the 2 presses - the first one is simple,
but the second one requires a little timing.
- After you've passed the 2nd press drop left *immediately*. A, shoot
droid. Use terminal - hmmmmm... Exit A.
- In the slime hall step onto the central pad and grab some blue stuff
from it. Walk A to the top-end of the hall. Beware of the mine!
- Shoot droid. Use elevator. A. Shoot droid on the bridge. You can also kill
the one on the opposite side to save your time.
- A, kill 2 droids and an incapacitator. Use terminal - the reactor status is
"normal". Not for long, hehehehe. Exit, A.
- Battle the evil base master (sodding huge motherfucker that fires blue
lasers and rockets at you). But if you use the big red podium in the
center of the room as a cover it is possible to finish him without a single
healh point lost. Also take out the turret. Recharge if you need.
- Exit the second door. On the bridge kill the sentry droid and pick up
- Return all the way back to the room with 4 doors and a column. Use
musical key on the central door (opposite the entry). (BTW, left
door is pretty useless, it has only a recharger in it.)
- Shoot droid. Be careful and do not damage the walls (you'll know why
when you damage them!). A, thru the corridors and rooms shooting droids.
Use elevator in the last room.
- Jump over the mines. Recharge if you need to. A to the door.
- This is a bunch of interconnected rooms, some of which have reactor
temperature regulators in them - the big multicolored cubic devices with
a sort of control panel in front. Shoot all of them you encounter.
When the reactor goes critical find a closed door in one of the rooms
(there's a terminal near it, but it's useless).
- In the room shoot droid, carefully avoiding the mines pick up cartridge.
Exit all the way back to the elevator and use it.
- Return to the big round hall with the elevator - the one that leads you
to 3 different doors. Use musical key to open the 3rd door (right one).
- Shoot everyone you meet in here. Take the farest door. Run and shoot
the huge blue guard droid, pick up his hand. Ignore the elevator in
the same room - it's just a fake.
- Run ahead past 3 mines. Kill 2 droids in next room (hard). Use elevator
- Shoot or ignore (or hack :)) 2 incapacitator drones. Look at all 4 doors.
There are codes written above them. Remember these codes and enter
them into the terminal (middle menu). After the prison doors deactivated
visit the door next to the terminal (on the left). Kill the big blue
one, pick up his hand. Exit and use terminal again. Select middle
menu - you see a lift open up.
- Enter the door opposite to the one you've visited. Step into the
center and use lift.
- Recharge if needed. Use terminal to power up your gun first, than to
release Gaan and other prisoners.
- Now it's time for a showdown. Here's a Dak leader - a big droid in
a sort of flying cart. He fires deadly pink laser, lays powerful
mines and sometimes crushes you with his vehicle. The strategy
is to avoid his shots and wait until he loses power and returns into
the center of the hall to recharge. When this happens blast the
sucker with your finest laser!
As usual I say "coo" to all the people of tRX. It's been fun!
(c) moral rights reserved!
BONeHeAD // tRX