By Al Giovetti
Total Annihilation Cheats
Type the following cheats to achieve the desired result.
- 1-Hit enter to bring up message box
- 2-Hit plus (+) sign and type on of the 'codes' (Listed Belottw)
- 3-Hit enter again to activate cheat
Repeat 3 steps to enter more cheats or deactivate them
- ATM - Increase metal and energy by 1000
- Radar - Acts like 100% radar coverage
- DoubleShot - 2X damage of all weapon fire across board
- Contour# - Shows 3d contour mesh; replace # w/ 1-5
- Dither - Changes the gray line-of-sight to a dither
- NowISee - Exposes map and turns line-of-sight off
In Total Annihilation, press Enter for the message box, and then type in the cheat codes. Except for
RADAR,LIGHT,SING, and other useless ones, they only work in multiplayer (if allowed) and in skirmish games.
Here they are:
- +AIMFROMPRIMARY -
- +AIMFROMSECONDARY -
- +AIMFROMTERTIARY -
- +ANTIALIAS -
- +ASSERT -
- +ASSIGN -
- +ATM - Gives you 1000 metal and energy.
- +BECARRIED -
- +BIGBROTHER -
- +BURNALL -
- +BURNONE -
- +CDPLAY - Same as +CDSTART. (bit quicker)
- +CDSTART - Starts CD Music.
- +CDSTOP - Stops CD Musyic.
- +CLOCK - Shows game clock.
- +CONTOUR # - Displays a 3D contour, # = 1-15.
- +CONTROL # - Lets you control a different skirmish AI, # = 0-3.
- +DEBUGBREAK -
- +DPRINT -
- +DITHER - Dithering instead of line of sight.
- +DOUBLESHOT - All weapons do twice the damage.
- +DR -
- +DROP -
- +EDGE -
- +FEATURE -
- +FILM -
- +FILMSPEED -
- +FSHADOW -
- +GIVE -
- +HALFSHOT - All weapons do half the damage.
- +IFACE -
- +INCLUDE -
- +ILOSE - Causes you to lose.
- +IWIN - Causes you to win.
- +KILL - Kills every unit. (including yours)
- +LIGHT 1000 - Darker structures. No number makes them black.
- LINE%D -
- +LOS - Same as +NOWISEE. (quicker)
- +LOSTYPE -
- +MEM -
- +MEMDUMP -
- +MOVE -
- +MUSICMODE -
- +NETSTATS -
- +NOENERGY - Drops your energy to 0.
- +NOMETAL - Drops your metal to 0.
- +NOSHAKE - Stops explosion screen shakes.
- +NOTOKTOBUILD -
- +NOWISEE - Full map and disables line of sight.
- +NUMLINES -
- NUMTABLES -
- +OKTOBUILD -
- +PROFILE -
- +QUERYNANOPIECE -
- +QUERYPRIMARY -
- +QUERYSECONDARY -
- +QUERYTERTIARY -
- +RADAR - 100% radar coverage.
- +RCACHE -
- +RELOAD -
- +SCROLLSPEED -
- +SCREENCHAT -
- +SEALEVEL -
- +SEARCH -
- SELBOXES -
- +SELECTABLE -
- +SHADOW - Toggles object shadowing.
- +SHOT -
- +SING - This command makes units "sing" when given orders.
- +SOUND3D - Toggles 3D sound
- +SWEETSPOT -
- +SWITCHALT - Allows you to switch between squads with # keys.
- +TABLE%D -
- +TABLEINFO -
- TREEDEATH -
- +TSHADOW -
- +VIEW # - Lets you see the metal + energy a player has, # = 0-3. +ZBUFFER -
Below is the first Campaign cheat code:
- Click on Total Annihilation's Single Player icon.
When the Single Player Game page appears type
DRDEATH (it is not case sensitive). This will
cause a Cavedog Entertainment bone to appear
between the Load Game and Previous Menu icons on
the screen. Clicking on the bone will take players
to a special Play Any Game screen where they can
play any Total Annihilation mission, even if
they have not earned their way to that level yet.
Use the Write_HPI file to extract the totala1.hpi files. This tells you the files use.But I don't know how to
get it to work.
- Edit TDF files to edit the weapons, smudge, etc.
- Edit the FBI files to edit units.
- Edit the GUI files to edit the cursor, buttons, etc.
- Edit the BOS files to edit ingame explosions.
- Open the PCX (pictures) files to edit the icon pics.
- Open the WAV (sound) files to edit the sounds.
- 3DO - unknown
- COB - unknown
- FNT - unknown
- GAF - unknown
- To edit the new unit = Flakker, extract the file and change file that was extracted to the name 'AFlakker.ufo' to
'AFlakker.hpi'. Then use write_HPI on it. Then after the files are extracted change the name back to 'AFlakker.ufo'. I
don't know how to get my edited files to work. RGRDS Roland
More Total Annihilation cheat codes
- cdstart plays cd music
- halfshot halves weapons power
- ilose you lose
- iwin you win
- noenergy loose all energy
- nometal loose all metal
- no shake stops screen shakes
- sing units sing when you give them orders
- switchalt switch squads with ALT+# keys
- view# See player #'s metal and energy
From: Alan Claughan email@example.com
Here is a cheat and some hints for Total Annihilation. By Geoffrey Giesemann
If you are defeated in battle you may still move on to the next battle. The next battle should be selectable in the battles
menu. Just click and start.
The last battles of the game are relatively easy if you are Arm. Just build tons of mines, tons of
collectors/reactors/geo-powerplants, add about 3 of every type of unit construction building. Set them all on en masse
and move the 'new unit location' to somewhere else (it gets crowded). Attack the doomsday weapons with merls.
Merls can fire outside D.day range and the weapon does not need to be visible. Because you can see all wreckages
you can attack with some Merls and an advanced radar. You also hit the 200 max unit limit.
Your units also get stuck around the battlefield because of wreckages. This is really crippling in narrow sections. Have
a few construction aircraft hovering around to help out in the clean up.
'Today the world! Tomorrow; the dishes.'
Publish your own cheats right here. Just email us your text.
HI. I tried the codes you gave to TOTAL ANNIHILATION but some don't seem to work, especially +ATM which is supposed to increase Metal and Energy by 1000. I might have missed out something, though the other codes work (ex. +RADAR). Please update. Thanks.
- From: dustin firstname.lastname@example.org
for total annihilation, the +ATM cheat DOES NOT WORK. +radar does, but I can't get the +atm to work.
- Subject: Re: +atm does work
From: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
I don't know what people are talking about, +atm works fine for me. It really helps. At the bottom your page on total annihilation cheats, people had said the +atm cheat didn't work. But it gave me 1000 metal and energy.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. -George Patton
- From: Shulist children email@example.com
how do i publish cheats for total annihilation?
Answer: Simply send me the cheats you want to publish by email....
- From: tpI have a question about editing the hpi files. Use the Write_HPI file to extract the totala1.hpi files. This tells you the files use. Where do i find the write_hpi file, or is thier another way the files can be extracted. Terry
- From: Mike Cabrelli HI I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNEW WHERE I COULD GET AN EDITOR/TRAINER THAT WOULD HELP ME ON THE SINGLE PLAYER MISSIONS ON TOTAL ANNIHILATION